C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Easy Entrance/Exit Steering Wheel Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 04:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300 4-MATIC Sedan
Easy Entrance/Exit Steering Wheel Question

Hi guys, hoping someone could answer this question.
After messing around and reading threads I understand the seats do not move back in the W205’s, and the steering wheel goes all the way up.
By preference I drive with the steering wheel all the way up anyways, but is there anyway to preset the car so that when I exit the car the steering wheel moves itself all the way back towards the instrument cluster? So that when I get back in the car the wheel moves back towards me into my set position?
Thanks!
Old 05-04-2020, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 449 Likes on 345 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by kevinmelone
After messing around and reading threads I understand the seats do not move back in the W205’s, and the steering wheel goes all the way up.
By preference I drive with the steering wheel all the way up anyways, but is there anyway to preset the car so that when I exit the car the steering wheel moves itself all the way back towards the instrument cluster? So that when I get back in the car the wheel moves back towards me into my set position?
Thanks!
Did you mean "the seats do not move back in the W205 when you open the door", because my seats can move back using the seat controls.

Also, when I get in and start the car, the steering wheel comes down to my set driving position. When I open the door it goes back up. (I have the memory function)

Make sure EASY-ENTRY/EXIT feature is turned on in Settings.

Old 05-05-2020, 12:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 S205 C350e Sport PP
Originally Posted by kevinmelone
Thanks!
I looked into this a while ago and was only able to get the steering wheel to go up when I turn off the car and open the door.
No option to have it retract, or to have the seat move backwards when you get out of the car.
Old 05-05-2020, 01:38 PM

2015 C300 4-MATIC Sedan
Originally Posted by Walshe25
I looked into this a while ago and was only able to get the steering wheel to go up when I turn off the car and open the door.
No option to have it retract, or to have the seat move backwards when you get out of the car.
Ah okay, well I appreciate your feedback! I’ve seen it in the Alfa’s/Maserati’s I work on occasionally but not too often. We can only dream of retracting seats!
Old 05-05-2020, 01:41 PM

2015 C300 4-MATIC Sedan
Originally Posted by benzdude
Did you mean "the seats do not move back in the W205 when you open the door", because my seats can move back using the seat controls.

Also, when I get in and start the car, the steering wheel comes down to my set driving position. When I open the door it goes back up. (I have the memory function)

Make sure EASY-ENTRY/EXIT feature is turned on in Settings.
I apologize I should have worded the question better. The gentleman who quoted you and responded wrote it much more clear.
I meant to ask if the wheel can detract away from you when you turn the car off and exit. Then when getting back into the vehicle, if it could move back our horizontally towards you.
Hopefully in the near future they will give us more options for Easy Entry/Exit, but I can understand their safety concerns with the seats.
Old 05-05-2020, 01:59 PM

Received 132 Likes on 111 Posts
‘15 C300 4M Sport, ‘20 GLC300
Not a huge fan of the retracting seat. I consider myself physically fit and I feel like it’s more difficult to exit the vehicle when the seat slides all the way back to oblivion.
I am a fan of the steering wheel retract. I had mine looked at last year due to a “clunk” sound when retracted. All better now.
The following users liked this post:
diamondsilver16 (05-05-2020)