C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Headlight conversion from USA>EUROPEAN

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 07:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C300 4matic
Headlight conversion from USA>EUROPEAN

Hello everyone I hope you are all healthy and doing well. Was a lurker for some time on this forum until finally bought my first Benz.

We bought a 2016 W205 sedan in tenorile gray with AMG package from USA. Gorgeous automobile! The car came with its left headlight glass cracked, with some parts of the headlight missing (the parking light orange reflector/plastic). So just replacing the glass is incomplete repair since we cannot find the missing part for sale separately.
The headlights works fine, so the controllers are not damaged.

We decided to switch to European headlights since In our opinion looks better this way. The thing is, we don’t want to buy European headlights not knowing if the USA controllers are compatible with the European headlights. As told by the guy that’s going to do the coding, it might work and it might not. How he explained one of the problems is that USA ones have parking lights and european ones don’t. Its a gamble and we’re going to find out just by trying.

my question is:
Has any of you did this before? What were the difficulties apart the coding? Is it necessary to buy European controllers or these ones will work as well?

Thank you very much and I wish you all the best!

Last edited by Opresqu; 05-15-2020 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 183 Likes on 150 Posts
GLC 300d 4matic
I know nothing whatsoever about controllers and coding etc.....but what I do know is that European headlights do have parking lights, unless my understanding of what you mean by parking lights is incorrect!
Old 05-15-2020, 09:00 AM

Mercedes C300 4matic
Originally Posted by decorily
I know nothing whatsoever about controllers and coding etc.....but what I do know is that European headlights do have parking lights, unless my understanding of what you mean by parking lights is incorrect!

Some call them side markers some say they are parking lights
Old 05-15-2020, 11:01 AM

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts
2016 C300W4 (W205), Luxury Pkg, Diamond Silver Met. and Silk Beige\Espresso Interior
I would just replace the lens cover and forget replacing the orange side marker. Maybe just remove the orange side marker from the right-hand side too so they match in that regard.

Last edited by diamondsilver16; 05-15-2020 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:06 AM

Mercedes C300 4matic
Originally Posted by diamondsilver16
thank you for your input.
As I mentioned in my post, replacing the glass (or as u name it “lens”) is not enough because the orange part of the side markers/parking lights. If u look closely it’s missing from the headlight itself. It fell off on impact and is not available for sale whenever I searched
Old 05-15-2020, 11:07 AM

Mercedes C300 4matic
I would just replace the lens cover and forget replacing the orange side marker. Maybe just remove the orange side marker from the right-hand side too so they match in that regard.
I’m not going to sleep knowing that I have imperfect headlights
The following users liked this post:
diamondsilver16 (05-15-2020)
Old 05-15-2020, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 183 Likes on 150 Posts
GLC 300d 4matic
Originally Posted by Opresqu

Some call them side markers some say they are parking lights
OK....so if these lights are meant to be orange then the European version does not in fact have them!
We have white lights as parking lights.

Trending Topics

Old 05-15-2020, 04:31 PM

2016 C300W4 (W205), Luxury Pkg, Diamond Silver Met. and Silk Beige\Espresso Interior
Originally Posted by decorily
OK....so if these lights are meant to be orange then the European version does not in fact have them!
We have white lights as parking lights.
That's correct; EU versions do not have the orange reflectors/lights. That's why I suggested to just delete them since that would be the EU standard anyway.

My EU-spec aftermarket headlights also don't have the orange side markers:

Old 05-15-2020, 05:05 PM

Mercedes C300 4matic
That's correct; EU versions do not have the orange reflectors/lights. That's why I suggested to just delete them since that would be the EU standard anyway.

My EU-spec aftermarket headlights also don't have the orange side markers:

I don’t know if anyone told you before (lol) but these are some super dope headlights
did you install them on European or USA car? (Sry English is not my native language maybe you meant that in your post and I didn’t understand).
congrats on the lights

by deleting you mean from software?
thanks for ur input
Old 05-15-2020, 05:24 PM

I don’t know if anyone told you before (lol) but these are some super dope headlights
did you install them on European or USA car? (Sry English is not my native language maybe you meant that in your post and I didn’t understand).
congrats on the lights

by deleting you mean from software?
thanks for ur input
Apologies for the confusion!

My car is USA, but the headlights come from a supplier in China and they will work for either USA or EU vehicles by way of jumper wires inside and a harness adapter.

By "delete" I just meant remove the orange, which I know you already said you didn't want to do

You can read more about mine in another post here: Another LED Headlight Upgrade Thread
Old 05-18-2020, 04:20 AM

Mercedes C300 4matic
Apologies for the confusion!

My car is USA, but the headlights come from a supplier in China and they will work for either USA or EU vehicles by way of jumper wires inside and a harness adapter.

By "delete" I just meant remove the orange, which I know you already said you didn't want to do

You can read more about mine in another post here: Another LED Headlight Upgrade Thread
Hey!
I have read your post long time ago, that’s my next upgrade for sure! Just don’t have the time to wait for 1.5 months for delivery

Anyway, still waiting for someone to reply If someone tried if no, I’ll try to test it for myself first and will post my results here for anyone questioning same topic.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C205 63 amg
Hi there, did you manage to make them work? I have the same issue.
Old 06-07-2024, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 CLS450
Hello everyone I hope you are all healthy and doing well. Was a lurker for some time on this forum until finally bought my first Benz.

We bought a 2016 W205 sedan in tenorile gray with AMG package from USA. Gorgeous automobile! The car came with its left headlight glass cracked, with some parts of the headlight missing (the parking light orange reflector/plastic). So just replacing the glass is incomplete repair since we cannot find the missing part for sale separately.
The headlights works fine, so the controllers are not damaged.

We decided to switch to European headlights since In our opinion looks better this way. The thing is, we don’t want to buy European headlights not knowing if the USA controllers are compatible with the European headlights. As told by the guy that’s going to do the coding, it might work and it might not. How he explained one of the problems is that USA ones have parking lights and european ones don’t. Its a gamble and we’re going to find out just by trying.

my question is:
Has any of you did this before? What were the difficulties apart the coding? Is it necessary to buy European controllers or these ones will work as well?

Thank you very much and I wish you all the best!

Hi. Wondering if you had a positive output. I have the same issue for CLS450. bout aftermarket so when I installed them, the low beam blinks as the indicator and the yellow light turns when I have the high beam on. weired. I tried a DIY programming but dont know if I did it right or wrong. the low beam works ok, doesn't signal and high beam is not turned on. I ordered the OEM module, will install it and give it another try