C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

What do you thing about this mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 02:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C250
What do you thing about this mods

Hello amigos, I want to start this thread as i have been searching over internet and couldn't find a solid answer.
I have a c250 w205, i already installed down pipe, armaflow filter(replacement) and of course remapped, so I`m running stage 2.
Cant complain about the car, but as many of you want more, so I have seen different options for cold air intakes and other "small" mods that could complement what I just did.
Before you go to "change turbo", "water-meth system" that in my opinion are the top of the modification we have make, and of course the most risky, taking about problems. I want to have all the satellite mods that will improve the car response.
I dont think that everything relies in power or WHP`s, but in how you drive your car and we you hit the pedal this response in the best possible way.
Saying this, i found the MST air intake for our car and the FTP Motorsport charge and intake pipe, what do you think about them?
One of the things that i still dont understand is why nobody has came with an air hose that eliminates the actual one, that IMO, is very restrictive.
Yes, i know that the engineers and design people from Mercedes are the ones that know why, and if they put and manufacture this that way is for a reason....but if that would be the case, how many cars couldn't be modified.

Thanks for your comments.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:50 PM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
C400
Originally Posted by yaneza_1
One of the things that i still dont understand is why nobody has came with an air hose that eliminates the actual one, that IMO, is very restrictive.
based on what? how it looks? If the intake manifold cannot physically outflow the intake pipe, there's no reason to replace it.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:26 PM

C250
As I mentioned in my personal opinion.
Im sure that there`s a reason for that desing, but I think that a straing pipe, using the phisics laws would be more convenient than the "S" Shape the actual hose has.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:39 PM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
C400
As I mentioned in my personal opinion.
Im sure that there`s a reason for that desing, but I think that a straing pipe, using the phisics laws would be more convenient than the "S" Shape the actual hose has.
I'm not sure you understand the laws of physics...
Old 06-01-2020, 06:56 PM

C250
WIth your answers, i can imagine that you teach and an expert...good for you amigo!
Old 06-01-2020, 11:53 PM

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts
2019 CLS450 (C257)
Hello amigos, I want to start this thread as i have been searching over internet and couldn't find a solid answer.
I have a c250 w205, i already installed down pipe, armaflow filter(replacement) and of course remapped, so I`m running stage 2.
Cant complain about the car, but as many of you want more, so I have seen different options for cold air intakes and other "small" mods that could complement what I just did.
Before you go to "change turbo", "water-meth system" that in my opinion are the top of the modification we have make, and of course the most risky, taking about problems. I want to have all the satellite mods that will improve the car response.
I dont think that everything relies in power or WHP`s, but in how you drive your car and we you hit the pedal this response in the best possible way.
Saying this, i found the MST air intake for our car and the FTP Motorsport charge and intake pipe, what do you think about them?
Yes, i know that the engineers and design people from Mercedes are the ones that know why, and if they put and manufacture this that way is for a reason....but if that would be the case, how many cars couldn't be modified.

Thanks for your comments.
Which air hose are you referring to? the turbo inlet hose? or the intake air funnel?

here are some pics.

Old 06-02-2020, 12:06 PM

C250
thanks for the reply! Would be the first pic, the intake air funnel.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:13 PM

2019 CLS450 (C257)
thanks for the reply! Would be the first pic, the intake air funnel.
Yeah, so far it's only the brand Airspeed which sells it with the CF airbox top cover and their open pod filter. I had it for a while since last year, but sold them to my friend just recently.

Had an old link but it's broken now, best luck is to search with the keyword "Airspeed".

Old 06-10-2020, 04:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C300
Armaspeed not air speed

QUOTE=dagger22;8071567]Yeah, so far it's only the brand Airspeed which sells it with the CF airbox top cover and their open pod filter. I had it for a while since last year, but sold them to my friend just recently.

Had an old link but it's broken now, best luck is to search with the keyword "Airspeed".
[/QUOTE]
Old 06-10-2020, 08:03 PM

2019 CLS450 (C257)
The pic i showed with the CF intake snorkel is called Airspeed. The Armaspeed you mentioned is another brand which only comes with the CF cover and pod filter, without the CF snorkel.

Originally Posted by Delgadoh44
Armaspeed not air speed

QUOTE=dagger22;8071567]Yeah, so far it's only the brand Airspeed which sells it with the CF airbox top cover and their open pod filter. I had it for a while since last year, but sold them to my friend just recently.

[/QUOTE]
Old 06-10-2020, 08:37 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C300
You right my bad.
Originally Posted by dagger22
The pic i showed with the CF intake snorkel is called Airspeed. The Armaspeed you mentioned is another brand which only comes with the CF cover and pod filter, without the CF snorkel.
[/QUOTE]