C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Steering wheel vibration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 12:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c300
Steering wheel vibration

So I have 2016 c300 with aftermarket rims 19in when I received them they were already balanced. But when I drove the car I notice that my steering wheel was vibrating At 60+. Took it to a shop they rebalanced the tires it was worse. Took the car to the dealer ship they rebalanced and inspected the car I told him I was having that issue. He said we fixed it and that it still has a slight vibration but overall it wayy better. I test drove it and again at 60 mph it had a slight vibration like he said witch was better then wat I had but it’s still there and annoying . But I also started to notice that when braking Pretty hard the left side/ bottom of the steering wheel starts to vibrate/shake then goes away as I slow down but happens Around 60 again this dosent happens every time only when it want to it’s werid. Tested it on a brand new paved road. At 60 my steering wheel still has the slight vibration and maybe that can’t be fix fine. But as for the slight shake of the steering wheel when braking it woundering what it could be I drove on that road twice first time no vibration when applying the brake second time the steering wheel started to vibrate

I have no idea what could it be any suggestion
I have not check brakes or rotors but the shaking is only happening when I apply the brake SOMETIMES.
Old 07-23-2020, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 196 Likes on 171 Posts
2010 e550 p2
Originally Posted by Nico Candelario
So I have 2016 c300 with aftermarket rims 19in when I received them they were already balanced. But when I drove the car I notice that my steering wheel was vibrating At 60+. Took it to a shop they rebalanced the tires it was worse. Took the car to the dealer ship they rebalanced and inspected the car I told him I was having that issue. He said we fixed it and that it still has a slight vibration but overall it wayy better. I test drove it and again at 60 mph it had a slight vibration like he said witch was better then wat I had but it’s still there and annoying . But I also started to notice that when braking Pretty hard the left side/ bottom of the steering wheel starts to vibrate/shake then goes away as I slow down but happens Around 60 again this dosent happens every time only when it want to it’s werid. Tested it on a brand new paved road. At 60 my steering wheel still has the slight vibration and maybe that can’t be fix fine. But as for the slight shake of the steering wheel when braking it woundering what it could be I drove on that road twice first time no vibration when applying the brake second time the steering wheel started to vibrate

I have no idea what could it be any suggestion
I have not check brakes or rotors but the shaking is only happening when I apply the brake SOMETIMES.
I have a similar situation with my w212.
gonna take it to a shop next week
Old 07-24-2020, 12:43 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
C300, CLK320(sold)
Possible solutions:
1. Put your old rims back and see if they are vibrating at 60+.
2. Put you new rears to the front and see if its doing the same thing at 60+
3. Could be a bent rim.
4. Road force balance.
5. If 1-4 fails then it is the suspension or tie rods.

My 2 cents.
Cheers
Old 08-19-2020, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C Coupe W205
I had this issue when I changed my tires and I had to buy new ones because were bad from the factory.