C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2015 C300 - Module N80 electrical locking clip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 02:08 PM

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
2000 C230 - 2001 E430 - 2003 E320 -
2015 C300 - Module N80 electrical locking clip

Hello all. I am going to have to replace the N80 steering control module in our 2015 C300 4matic. We are well out of warranty and doing the job myself. I have the WIS software and am going through all the steps to ensure I have all the parts. I have run into a step where I can't find the part in reference. When removing the electrical connector from the steering control module (FYI - this is the entire left and right side switches on the steering column, housing, etc - its all a single part), the WIS gives me a step where I can't find a replacement part for:
  • Remove locking clip (6) from electrical connection (5).
  • The locking clip (6) is destroyed and must be replaced.
The pictures in the WIS are worthless for this level of detail. I'm sure once I take it apart, I will look at it and could either find the clip in the EPC or take it in person to the MB dealer (50+ miles away) - show it to the parts counter and get a replacement, but would sure like to have it on hand when I do the task to avoid the down time on her car and that 100 mile round trip drive... I called the dealer on Friday and spoke to the parts department - but since the EPC does not show anything related to this - without the part they can't help. The parts guy did tell me they keep a wide selection of all kinds of electrical connector parts on hand. Hoping someone here may have a part number... Attached is WIS for the step in question.

In case you are wondering, the issue I am trying to fix is intermittent unable to switch from reverse to drive without turning off the car. Very random and cannot reproduce on demand. The star C5 scan has two info codes, one on the shift module and its test is saying the real issue is with the N80 control module, and the N80 control module has the other with P17A29. That test tells you to test all the associated grounds and then the wires on the N80 connector (grounds and canbus) and if those are good to replace that module. I have already tested the body grounds - rock solid. The job will be to pull it all apart, and test all of the relevant connections on the N80 control module but to do that - you are basically doing everything to replace it. Hoping we don't have to replace and its just a bad connector or something simple and low cost...
Attached Files