C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

The long-awaited Android Auto update for BMWs is now available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 02:33 PM

Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/0...now-available/

Why cant Mercedes update their existing cars with wireless android auto?
i guess they want you to buy a new car instead. wait, even their new cars dont have wireless android auto.

Last edited by netboy; 07-30-2020 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
If you have a select year/model of MB that has CarPlay but no Android Auto - then Vladimir from Belarus can work up a OBD module to add Android Auto.

If you don't have CarPlay - then Android Auto cannpt be added unless you move to a China "Android" replacement screen that al;so requires changing out the screen.

Mercedes on CarPlay is cable only - the reasons Mercedes tells me they chose to do this -

1) faster data transfer from your iPhone to the vehicle, and faster data transfer back from the vehicle to iPhone (better/smoother than wireless

2) Better privacy/security on your data - specifically the BMW system uploads the info from the car to the Cloud to initiate and complete CarPlay action

3) With the cable - whether in the car for 5min or for 5hrs - you will always have more battery power than when you stepped into the car

There are some China "convert wired Mercedes CarPlay to wireless" kits now available - that convert the wired data transfer to wireless - maintains data security - and I have not seen enough user reviews to have a opinion .

Old 08-18-2022, 06:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 220 Likes on 186 Posts
W205 2015
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
If you have a select year/model of MB that has CarPlay but no Android Auto - then Vladimir from Belarus can work up a OBD module to add Android Auto.

If you don't have CarPlay - then Android Auto cannpt be added unless you move to a China "Android" replacement screen that al;so requires changing out the screen.

Mercedes on CarPlay is cable only - the reasons Mercedes tells me they chose to do this -

1) faster data transfer from your iPhone to the vehicle, and faster data transfer back from the vehicle to iPhone (better/smoother than wireless

2) Better privacy/security on your data - specifically the BMW system uploads the info from the car to the Cloud to initiate and complete CarPlay action

3) With the cable - whether in the car for 5min or for 5hrs - you will always have more battery power than when you stepped into the car

There are some China "convert wired Mercedes CarPlay to wireless" kits now available - that convert the wired data transfer to wireless - maintains data security - and I have not seen enough user reviews to have a opinion .
Very well elaborated thanks for the information.