C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Audiotec Fischer Setup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 01:06 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 E350 4Matic Sport
Audiotec Fischer Setup

Hi all,

Just making this post to give back to the community and for anyone wanting to improve the base system for minimal money and effort. I am delighted to announce that I replaced my horrible base speakers with Audiotec Fischer components (midrange and tweeters in doors sils) up front and coaxials in the back. The install could not have been easier. I did not use an amp or the plug and play DSP as others have done, but rather used Eton high pass filters on each speaker which worked flawlessly (much appreciated the recommendation for this from@BayAreaAMG )

I was absolutely blown away with how much better the system is over the base set up. The highs and mids are so crystal clear and well balanced (thanks to the crossovers). Similarly to how the Eton installer does it (will post video for reference, below) , I also used double-sided tape around the speakers and a lot of sound deadening material in the door panels which made a big difference acoustically. This also dramatically cut down on road and wind noise which is always a welcome addition (on par with my old E class which was a bank vault).

For those interested in a similar build, know that you do not absolutely need the amp to get a great improvement. The sound deadening material is a critical addition, however, so do not skip it. I used cheap stuff from Amazon, one layer of Noico 80 mill and one layer of 150 mill foam (both in 18 square feet which was plenty for all four doors with some left over). The high pass filters work well in not only protecting the speakers, but also really clearing up the sound and preventing any distortion at high volumes. The result is really punchy and clear sound.

I have a small JL mono amp and JL 8 inch sub that I'm going to put in next to balance out the rest of the range. I'm likely going to pull power from the passenger side fuse box (since the sub is pretty low power) and I'm thinking I'll pull signal from the front bass wires. I haven't decided if I'm going to disconnect the front bass all together or not (worried about diluting the signal). Any recommendations are welcome.

Props if you read all of this, my apologies if some of it is pretty disorganized. Feel free to reach out with any questions on the install or where I sourced everything.

Link to Eton installation:
https://youtu.be/vbHZ1pE_NQ0