C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Sunvisor Mirror cover is broken

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 11:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 d AMG
Unhappy Sunvisor Mirror cover is broken

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I din't find any threads about this so i hope i am doind this the right way.

I have a w205 c220 and my passenger sunshade mirror cover is broken (i'm attaching a photo so you can clearly see), and it's making annoying noise while driving.
I am searching for quite some time about this small module to replace it but i can only find it for w204 and or older models and never for w205. Are they the same? I don't want to waste money for a part that doesn't fit.
Obviously i could go to Mercedes and ask for a replacement but we all know the pricetag for these minor things yeah?

Apart from this, i didn't want to but... if i have to consider replacing all the sunvisor, like this one ( https://rrr.lt/en/used-part/ind86-a2...un-visor-panel ), even though mine is perfectly fine,
do you think it is a better option? Don't you find this price weird? In ebay i find it for around 30/40€ and in this website they have them too for that price, but this specific one that i posted is only 15€ . Should i trust this? What do you guys think?

broken part on the right

Thank you all in advance.
Mário
Old 06-19-2021, 04:22 PM

C300 2016
Broken Hing on Sunvisor

Originally Posted by d1az
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I din't find any threads about this so i hope i am doind this the right way.

I have a w205 c220 and my passenger sunshade mirror cover is broken (i'm attaching a photo so you can clearly see), and it's making annoying noise while driving.
I am searching for quite some time about this small module to replace it but i can only find it for w204 and or older models and never for w205. Are they the same? I don't want to waste money for a part that doesn't fit.
Obviously i could go to Mercedes and ask for a replacement but we all know the pricetag for these minor things yeah?

Apart from this, i didn't want to but... if i have to consider replacing all the sunvisor, like this one ( https://rrr.lt/en/used-part/ind86-a2...un-visor-panel ), even though mine is perfectly fine,
do you think it is a better option? Don't you find this price weird? In ebay i find it for around 30/40€ and in this website they have them too for that price, but this specific one that i posted is only 15€ . Should i trust this? What do you guys think?

broken part on the right

Thank you all in advance.
Mário
I am having the same issue in my car. Did you find a solution for it?!
Old 06-19-2021, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 361 Likes on 298 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
I think I would be wary of the low price. There is some truth to, "you get what you pay for". You might try your local MB dealership and their price might be surprisingly competitive. I think I would go that route first because that's the replacement that will fit the best and if it's too high, then look for an alternative.
Old 06-19-2021, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 220 Likes on 186 Posts
W205 2015
I think you should start by knowing the dealer's price first and take it from there.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:28 PM
Banned

C220 d AMG
Wink

Originally Posted by Haissam Issa
I am having the same issue in my car. Did you find a solution for it?!
Hello there!

Since i got this problem solved and you needed my solution, in here i leave a link not from the seller i bought the part, but for a similar one.
The one i bought is no longer available, but i can see it's the same part.
It was a straight swap and solved my problem.

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005003762073677.html

I can tell you the plastic is not the same quality from the OEM. It doesn't bother me. Its not mega noticeable, but you can see feel it by touch...
Besides it, since this is something that is hidden behind the sunvisor and is only used for brief moments, i'm okay with it! Funcional and back to old form!