C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Halogen to oem static headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 02:08 AM

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
2015 c300 Sport
Halogen to oem static headlights

Sadly another headlight post I know. I have a set of static oem Mercedes headlights and wanting to upgrade. I know I’ll need wiring harness and coding done. I had someone on Facebook message me from a group saying they’d sell harness for 150, and 150 to code the car, I asked how they would code it without having my vehicle and was told a module would code the headlights with xentry when I plugged it in, I’m assuming like the apple car play and other programs are done in the ob2 port. Does that sound right or possible? The other person I’ve gotten a quote from quested 1000 for wiring harness and coding. I have found where I can find the harness just need coding basically and trying to see if this is a scam or not
Old 10-15-2020, 02:27 PM

Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C43
After spending extra to switch from halogen to static, you gonna be like, hey that active dual lens look way better. Now more $ spent on coding and so on from static to active LED.

How about selling those to static to recover some cost and buying the aftermarket active dual lens headlights instead?
Old 10-15-2020, 10:55 PM

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
2015 c300 Sport
Originally Posted by stockbmw
After spending extra to switch from halogen to static, you gonna be like, hey that active dual lens look way better. Now more $ spent on coding and so on from static to active LED.

How about selling those to static to recover some cost and buying the aftermarket active dual lens headlights instead?
thought about it but being the fact I got these for free I’d like to do them if all that’s needed is $300 for coding and wiring harness. And don’t really care about active I just want a non outdated halogen headlight and better looking drl as well as blinker. For the cost of headlights I could have a new turbokits turbo lol