C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2017 C300 Carplay Install/Availability Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63 AMG
2017 C300 Carplay Install/Availability Question

Hi guys! I am currently getting a 2017 C300 4MATIC Sedan with the VIN: 55SWF4KB7HU232069. I'm really stoked on getting the car except for one problem, I can't confirm if it has Apple Carplay, or how exactly I will install Carplay if it does not have it. I have read online that some 2017 models have Carplay, some do not, and others can be easily updated at the dealership. Does anyone know what I will need to get Carplay on this car? All help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2021, 03:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
No - this C-Class VIN# does not show CarPlay...and C-Class does NOT have MB programing upgrade to add CarPlay.

I show this Polar/Beige-Int was wholesaled out into the non-MB-dealer market in October.

FYI you are "Pre-Wired" to add SD Card Navigation in the center console - check eBay - working Nav Card (copies 100% look legit and work) are about $40-$60

You will have Bluetooth Phone and Bluetooth Music - to the good.

I have not seen a "reliable" aftermarket CarPlay adapter that will "add CarPlay effectively" - you can search the forum for other recommendations - "almost all" available adapters are Hokey and have serious limitations.

In China - those guys put in a entire system w/screen that is Android based that is hackable to add CarPlay - but unless you are in China - really that's kindof out there.

Keep the beat !
Old 02-17-2021, 01:03 PM

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
No - this C-Class VIN# does not show CarPlay...and C-Class does NOT have MB programing upgrade to add CarPlay.

I show this Polar/Beige-Int was wholesaled out into the non-MB-dealer market in October.

FYI you are "Pre-Wired" to add SD Card Navigation in the center console - check eBay - working Nav Card (copies 100% look legit and work) are about $40-$60

You will have Bluetooth Phone and Bluetooth Music - to the good.

I have not seen a "reliable" aftermarket CarPlay adapter that will "add CarPlay effectively" - you can search the forum for other recommendations - "almost all" available adapters are Hokey and have serious limitations.

In China - those guys put in a entire system w/screen that is Android based that is hackable to add CarPlay - but unless you are in China - really that's kindof out there.

Keep the beat !
That's not right at all, plenty of guys in USA and Europe have installed these screens (myself included) and with the latest additions of flowUX launcher and KSW toolkit from Discord group they are pretty damn decent. If you want Carplay though your best bet would be to get a Carlinkit usb stick as that works miles better than the built in system in those Android screens.
Links for reading: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...arplay-4g.html
https://discord.gg/FzHQeDvQdh
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1699764
Old 03-07-2022, 05:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
amg g 55
2017 Benz Apple Carpla

Originally Posted by antoniopap
Hi guys! I am currently getting a 2017 C300 4MATIC Sedan with the VIN: 55SWF4KB7HU232069. I'm really stoked on getting the car except for one problem, I can't confirm if it has Apple Carplay, or how exactly I will install Carplay if it does not have it. I have read online that some 2017 models have Carplay, some do not, and others can be easily updated at the dealership. Does anyone know what I will need to get Carplay on this car? All help is appreciated. Thanks!
Yes, we can install Apple Carplay for your 2017 BENZ C300 - polarwhite
Car has radio Audio 20 CD
Old 03-08-2022, 07:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 C-300 4Matic
I have a 2017 C300 4Matic. I don't think any 2017's had Carplay. I installed the Road Top Carplay module after doing lots of research. It was actually easy to do. Plugs right into the existing harness etc. Watch You Tube videos to show you how. While I admit that there are a few quirks.... For the most part it works just fine. The hardest thing is to get all the settings correctly positioned for your car. The instructions are not good for that. Sometimes you have is reboot your phone. It uses the Bluetooth and WI-Fi from your phone. The link is below for the model that will work with your car.

Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
matt.jessop (03-08-2022)