C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Front Wheels will not spin.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz c300
Front Wheels will not spin.

Hi! I was recently involved in a small collision. My headlight on passenger side came off and so did a small corner of my bumper. The car is fine, it turns on, does not heat up and there is no check engine light on.

I have a 2017 Mercedes Benz C300 Sedan. RWD. When i try to drive the car, the back tires spin, but the front ones are locked for some reason. I plugged in the machine and it gives me these codes, but I can’t find nothing on them. Can someone help me?

Also when the passenger side corner came off, the collision assist sensor came off with it. Do I need to put a new sensor in for the car to be drive able? I also had the car checked and they keep telling me everything looks fine. The only code my car flashes is Collision Assist Plus Inoperable.

Old 08-20-2021, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 206 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 . 24 GLE 450e.
I don’t understand. You say your front wheels are locked and you show a message that says parking brake malfunction. You also show collision assist problem with one missing. I would say get those 2 things fixed. How did you have the car checked if the front wheels won’t move? The front wheels won’t move and someone tells you the car is fine. Find a new mechanic.
The following 2 users liked this post by Elvisfan0108:
benzdude (08-22-2021), matt.jessop (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz c300
Originally Posted by Elvisfan0108
I don’t understand. You say your front wheels are locked and you show a message that says parking brake malfunction. You also show collision assist problem with one missing. I would say get those 2 things fixed. How did you have the car checked if the front wheels won’t move? The front wheels won’t move and someone tells you the car is fine. Find a new mechanic.
Thank you for the reply. I am only 20 years old, and not sure how to work with all this. The car was checked after it was towed to my house and they told me it was only body work that needed to be done, once I installed new tires, that’s when I realized the front wheels were locked. When I release the parking brake I hear it disengage and re engage when I press it, so I thought it wouldn’t be the electric parking brake. I think it could be a short somewhere. I will get a new mechanic to check it out better. Again, thank you.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:54 PM

Received 138 Likes on 121 Posts
2018 C43
Originally Posted by jz1503
Thank you for the reply. I am only 20 years old, and not sure how to work with all this. The car was checked after it was towed to my house and they told me it was only body work that needed to be done, once I installed new tires, that’s when I realized the front wheels were locked. When I release the parking brake I hear it disengage and re engage when I press it, so I thought it wouldn’t be the electric parking brake. I think it could be a short somewhere. I will get a new mechanic to check it out better. Again, thank you.
The electric parking brakes are connected to 2 rear brakes only. If you jacked up front of the car and you cant turn the front wheels, something is definitely wrong. Check the front brakes, it could be damaged in the accident and brakes are seized on to the rotors. If you keep driving with rotors and pads stuck together, it's going to get heated fast and you gonna be looking for bigger bill later.