C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2021 C300 AWD - Exterior Door Handle LEDs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 222 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 Arriving soon. 24 GLE 450e.
Originally Posted by chrisdean
Simple, if the top half of the handle is chrome the there should be led's.
where did you find that information?
Old 08-31-2021, 12:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by Keith66
Granted, I have a 2015 C300, but mine does has the exterior door handle lights. Maybe there's some combination of packages/equipment that includes or eliminates the exterior door handle lights? I'm not sure.

If it helps by trying a process of elimination of packages, mine has the following items that look like it could possibly have something to do with it? (again, I don't know... just guessing to try to help)

889 Keyless Go
893 Keyless Start
632 LED High-Performance Headlamps
P15 Exterior Avantgarde Package
P49 Mirror Package
531 COMAND APS NTG5/NTG5.5

Good luck!
Thanks! Much appreciated! My 2018 which had it, was an absolute base with the only extra being Keyless Go, so I think this might be it.

Originally Posted by chrisdean
Simple, if the top half of the handle is chrome the there should be led's.
Thanks. Makes sense and I do see the empty socket where the led is typically located.

Originally Posted by Highway
In another post there is a site you can go to where you put the vin# in and it will bring up what the car came with. I'm pretty sure when I did mine (2016 C-300) it specifically listed "Illuminated Door Handles".

The site is https://www.mbdecoder.com. I just checked mine again, and it didn't specifically list the illuminated door handles as I initially thought. Still good info.
Thank you! I had tried it both on my 2018 vin and 2021, both were not found. Also tried a few other random vins of stock in my local dealers and none worked

-

But I’ve asked MBUSA to confirm and clarify if it is now part of a package or something. Will report back with answer.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:21 PM

Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C43
Simple fix for your mysterious disappeared led you think someone took while demoing your demo.

Go 'drive' another demo for few mins around the block
Old 08-31-2021, 03:23 PM

C300
Smile

Originally Posted by stockbmw
Simple fix for your mysterious disappeared led you think someone took while demoing your demo.

Go 'drive' another demo for few mins around the block
It is 1 (yes, far fetched) of the possibilities I mentioned above. Not sure why you focused specifically on that one, but nonetheless, thank you

Old 09-09-2021, 03:03 PM

C300
After receiving different answers from my MB dealership, sales person and even MBUSA, I finally received the below from MBUSA:

Regretfully, we have been informed by the C-Class product manager, the LED door handle lights is no longer included on the C-Class, as of model year 2021.
Case closed ​​​​​​​
Old 09-09-2021, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 534 Posts
2018 AMG E43
Originally Posted by rubenv
After receiving different answers from my MB dealership, sales person and even MBUSA, I finally received the below from MBUSA:

Case closed
Interesting. Thanks for following up on this! I was curious about this also.
The following users liked this post:
SleepyGrandpa (09-09-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 08:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,453 Likes on 2,088 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Not just C-Class apparently, GLE too. https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ml#post8408744
The conclusion is that these lights are low quality and burns out quick, MB doesn't want to keep on paying technicians labour hours to replace these during the warranty period.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:39 PM

C300
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Not just C-Class apparently, GLE too. https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ml#post8408744
The conclusion is that these lights are low quality and burns out quick, MB doesn't want to keep on paying technicians labour hours to replace these during the warranty period.
Good to know it’s not just the C Class! Not feeling too bad now

Still kind of odd how they didn’t even plug the socket where the LED should be.

I noticed that the new w206 C Class doesn’t have them either, so it really looks like they just gave up.

The EQ lineup seems to have them, but implemented much differently.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Good to know it’s not just the C Class! Not feeling too bad now

Still kind of odd how they didn’t even plug the socket where the LED should be.

I noticed that the new w206 C Class doesn’t have them either, so it really looks like they just gave up.

The EQ lineup seems to have them, but implemented much differently.
On my 2017 W205, I had both (front right and rear right) replaced by the dealership and the third one is too turning blue (driver side/left front) (basically signs that it will give up soon) the last one is slightly dimmer (driver side/left rear). The ones that were replaced did also go through the phase of turning blue and then finally giving up. On top of that, I have both my side mirror puddle lights replaced, one is flickering and the other one just quit altogether.
As for them not plugging the socket I wonder if so it is possible to retrofit it, or they just want to save a few coins on that plastic part.
My car is out of warranty and the new replacements light haven't failed but hard to say about the blue one that wasn't ever replaced before and the dimmer one that too wasn't ever replaced before.

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 09-09-2021 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:02 PM

C300
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
On my 2017 W205, I had both (front right and rear right) replaced by the dealership and the third one is too turning blue (driver side/left front) (basically signs that it will give up soon) the last one is slightly dimmer (driver side/left rear). The ones that were replaced did also go through the phase of turning blue and then finally giving up. On top of that, I have both my side mirror puddle lights replaced, one is flickering and the other one just quit altogether.
As for them not plugging the socket I wonder if so it is possible to retrofit it, or they just want to save a few coins on that plastic part.
My car is out of warranty and the new replacements light haven't failed but hard to say about the blue one.
Yeah, I had one replaced on my 2018 C Class too and from what I’ve researched, it sure does look like a lot of work.

I am 99% sure that if I were to get the parts (mentioned in one of my posts above) and had the skills and patience to remove the door cards and all, that it would be plug and play. There’s no way they would have spent time and money to make changes to software or hardware. It was most likely just a decision to not include the part.

But I’m going to let it go… it was a nice feature but not worth the hassle for me.

I’m just happy I was able to get an official confirmation and that my car didn’t have unintentionally missing parts
Old 09-09-2021, 09:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Yeah, I had one replaced on my 2018 C Class too and from what I’ve researched, it sure does look like a lot of work.

I am 99% sure that if I were to get the parts (mentioned in one of my posts above) and had the skills and patience to remove the door cards and all, that it would be plug and play. There’s no way they would have spent time and money to make changes to software or hardware. It was most likely just a decision to not include the part.

But I’m going to let it go… it was a nice feature but not worth the hassle for me.

I’m just happy I was able to get an official confirmation and that my car didn’t have unintentionally missing parts
Enjoy your car.
Old 09-09-2021, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 222 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 Arriving soon. 24 GLE 450e.

Didn’t I tell you that all the way back in post #2? They could have very easily taken out the wires. Back in the day, I had a Saab. The gas cap door locked. 3 years later, a refresh, same body. The gas cap door no longer locked. They had removed the locking cable to save money.