C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Some trouble-ing questions about a newly bought car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2021 | 06:11 PM

2018 C350Te Wagon
Some trouble-ing questions about a newly bought car

Just bought a used C350e, produced june 2017. And I have noticed a couple of things.
1. The air suspension seems to raise, but not lower when I push the button again. And aren't the suspension supposed to keep the car leveled even with heavy load in the back?

2. Park sensors are inconsistent, they react late, sometimes not at all. Sometimes react but not more than maby 3-4bars and no acoustic tone even if the sensor is blocked or an iten is place on the bumper. BMW are awesome at this.

3. This troubles me a lot, a 4 year old car has inside door panels that squeek and make cracking noices worce than a plastic infected Skoda. The car has almost 63000 km on it, and the Doors sounds like this. Is there a fix on this? An known issue that dealer takes care of? (we have 5 year warranty)

4. The car seems to run on unbalanced tires, but it doesn't. What can make a car with such a good suspension ride like this on a straight road? I don't feel it in the steering wheel, but in my bum and back. My wife says the same when sitting in the back Seat.

5. And can this NTG version be upgraded to get Android auto? Like cars produced in 2018 got?

All help and advices are most appreciated 😊

Old 08-29-2021 | 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

18 G550, 18 C350e
Hey There!

I just got a C350e, 2018 MY in the US.

1. No issues on mine, rises and lowers just fine. The MIB does not say "Lowering" when lowering the car but does say car is rising when I call it raise the height. Maybe it does lower?
Not sure about leveling but I assume so just like the station wagons w/ rear air suspension

3. If it's under warranty just take it in, the dealer will probably take the door panels off and add felt pads. That's what they did for my G550 when I took it in for rattling glove compartment.

4. Like a shaking feeling? Did you check tire balance?

5. Maybe. When I was looking to buy a later model S212, there is an OBD2 programmer you can buy to enable / disable CarPlay/android auto. I'd assume MB locks this down pretty good though as they charge a few hundred $ for this option on the new cars

Old 08-30-2021 | 02:14 AM

2018 C350Te Wagon
Here the Android Auto/Apple Carplay is standard on all vehicles that has the option.
Old 08-30-2021 | 04:41 PM

2015 E400 and 2015 GLK350
My 2015 E400 has numerous creaks and crackles since new. I fight them, but they will ultimately win. These cars are tight, but not "Lexus" tight. I know this because my last 3 cars were Lexus. Such is life for me. . .

As for the "unbalanced tire" feeling, from the way you describe it, it sounds like your problem may be more with the rear tires than the front, since you are feeling it in the floor and seat cushions and not the steering wheel. Start there, but also have the wheels and tires checked to be very sure they are really round. Have the tire/wheel shop check for "vertical run-out." This is to check to be sure the wheel/tire combinations are not "egg-shaped." An out-of-round tire may balance perfectly, but will cause the car to bob up and down as it rolls.

You may have one or more bad tires or damaged wheels. All too common on these cars.
Old 08-30-2021 | 06:03 PM

2018 C350Te Wagon
Worse than unbalanced, only one of four wheels are round and the back is out alignment. This is sh***y. The seller swore that he hasn't hit anything hard and that is has been like this since he bought it a year ago. I immidiatly felt that Something was wrong. He says he's gonna fix it, a company are going to repair the wheels and the workshop are going to check for any wear and damage. And pay for it. I am afraid this is not going to be a quick fix and that its gonna haul and I have to spend time and energy on arguing 😔