C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

RoadTop & Audison P&P wiring?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 12:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 Merc C300 Sport
RoadTop & Audison P&P wiring?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has done this configuration? I currently have the Roadtop android screen installed and I'm about to install the Audison 5.9bit amp/dsp. The Audison's wiring is supposed to go directly into the MB head-unit and the female end takes the MB factory connector, but I currently have the Roadtop harness there. Does anyone know what order the harness should go? I realized also that the fiber cable for sirus xm (i believe) needs to go directly into the head-unit and i believe that will cause some complications. Hopefully someone has already done this configuration and can help.

Thank you for reading.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:22 PM

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
W205
Is Audison P&P harness a full quadlock like this:

or is it an 8 pin ISO connector like this:

If it's the former then connect the Android harness first, then the Audison quadlock into that and then back to the original wiring.
In case it's the latter (it is in case of Match by Audiotec Fischer) then you change it over in the Android harness so it's as close to the headunit as possible.
I've had both (currently on the 8 pin ISO) and can confirm either way will work just fine.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:11 PM

2017 Merc C300 Sport
Originally Posted by PaulR7
Is Audison P&P harness a full quadlock like this:

or is it an 8 pin ISO connector like this:

If it's the former then connect the Android harness first, then the Audison quadlock into that and then back to the original wiring.
In case it's the latter (it is in case of Match by Audiotec Fischer) then you change it over in the Android harness so it's as close to the headunit as possible.
I've had both (currently on the 8 pin ISO) and can confirm either way will work just fine.

So my thought process was (based on the wiring in the photo) that the MB Headunit would push out the signal to the Audison Amp, the amp would amplify and do its dsp magic and then push it back to other side of the speaker wires (The two orange connectors). Based on this, it should be as close to the headunit as possible right? Did you have any problem fitting the wiring of the android unit, Audiotec, and oem in the center console area? I'm worried there wont be enough room for all the quadlock connectors. Thank you for the help!

Old 12-02-2021, 05:16 PM

W205
Originally Posted by michaelclaw
So my thought process was (based on the wiring in the photo) that the MB Headunit would push out the signal to the Audison Amp, the amp would amplify and do its dsp magic and then push it back to other side of the speaker wires (The two orange connectors). Based on this, it should be as close to the headunit as possible right? Did you have any problem fitting the wiring of the android unit, Audiotec, and oem in the center console area? I'm worried there wont be enough room for all the quadlock connectors. Thank you for the help!

The Audiotec wiring is a lot simpler as it just hijacks the speaker wires (the brown connectors in your pic) and doesn't deal with the quadlock however back when I had a different amp that came with quadlock wiring it wasn't a big problem either, you just need to push it a bit further down one of the sides (might be different LHD vs RHD) below where the headunit sits, there is enough space there.

It shouldn't matter too much which way you connect them up as both harnesses have a full connection but I'd just stick with the amp harness sitting behind the Android one, you probably already swapped the fiber optic wires into that one so just keep them there.
The following users liked this post:
michaelclaw (12-02-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 05:21 PM

2017 Merc C300 Sport
Originally Posted by PaulR7
The Audiotec wiring is a lot simpler as it just hijacks the speaker wires (the brown connectors in your pic) and doesn't deal with the quadlock however back when I had a different amp that came with quadlock wiring it wasn't a big problem either, you just need to push it a bit further down one of the sides (might be different LHD vs RHD) below where the headunit sits, there is enough space there.

It shouldn't matter too much which way you connect them up as both harnesses have a full connection but I'd just stick with the amp harness sitting behind the Android one, you probably already swapped the fiber optic wires into that one so just keep them there.
Okay I'll try behind the android harness, I was going to take it to a shop cause it seemed too complicated in-terms of the location of the quadlock but they quoted me 700 euros without cables just labor.
Thanks for the help!
Old 12-02-2021, 05:22 PM

W205
Originally Posted by michaelclaw
Okay I'll try behind the android harness, I was going to take it to a shop cause it seemed too complicated in-terms of the location of the quadlock but they quoted me 700 euros without cables just labor.
Thanks for the help!
That job is definitely not worth even half that. A can of lager, 30 minutes and some scraped knuckles yeah, but not XXX euros
The following users liked this post:
michaelclaw (12-02-2021)