C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C200 D no Android auto or car play

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C200 D
C200 D no Android auto or car play

Afternoon,
Sorry if this isnt the correct place for posting.

I've just bought a 69 plate Mercedes C200 D SE Saloon. My first Mercedes.

I'm trying to get the Android Auto and/or Carplay but it doesn't appear in the connect menu. Neither AA or Carplay show there. Just the Mercedes-Link.

When I plug my Samsung S20 or my iPhone 7 in nothing happens - using the correct USB cable (I've tried multiple). The Samsung does show up in the Mercedes Link window but says its not compatible... But No AA or Carplay shows in the menu which is what I really want.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-20-2022, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W205 forum...
Old 01-20-2022, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
If I googled correctly, then a 69 plate would be a FL. I'm not that familiar with the UK system. The smartphone integration is an extra cost depending on the market. It's standard here in the USA, but I believe it's optional in all of Europe and I believe you guys have the Mercedes me store already where it can be purchased and activated at a later point. It's one of the features that can be purchased any time and activated via Mercedes me app. You should see a store tab in the Mercedes me app where you can purchase additional features.
Old 01-20-2022, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C200 D
Originally Posted by superswiss
If I googled correctly, then a 69 plate would be a FL. I'm not that familiar with the UK system. The smartphone integration is an extra cost depending on the market. It's standard here in the USA, but I believe it's optional in all of Europe and I believe you guys have the Mercedes me store already where it can be purchased and activated at a later point. It's one of the features that can be purchased any time and activated via Mercedes me app. You should see a store tab in the Mercedes me app where you can purchase additional features.
Thanks for the response.

I dont know what a FL is.
I've checked the Mercedes Me app and it isn't listed in there either.

I've read the manual and it says it should be in available for the 2019/2020 models but it's not there in the connect menu.

I've been into the store and it's nit there either.

Really not sure why.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Jimmy_liv
Thanks for the response.

I dont know what a FL is.
I've checked the Mercedes Me app and it isn't listed in there either.

I've read the manual and it says it should be in available for the 2019/2020 models but it's not there in the connect menu.

I've been into the store and it's nit there either.

Really not sure why.
Maybe it can only be added via the store with MBUX. The C Class has COMAND NTG 5.5. As said, your car likely didn't have the option box checked when it was ordered. It is there if it came with the car. As said the option is standard in some markets. I have it in my 2019 C63S coupe. It's part of the base configuration here.