C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Media/Radio/Navi/360 Camera stopped working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2022, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C43
Unhappy Media/Radio/Navi/360 Camera stopped working

Hi,

After driving for a while and having the car (W205) parked for a couple of hours, once when I got back to it the multimedia functions stopped working, but the climate and vehicle settings still function.

Here are the symptoms I'm seeing:

- Pressing Media and Radio buttons do nothing
- Entering Navi results in the message: "Initializing Navigation, Please Wait"
- Opening the camera through the settings menu results in: "360 camera unavailable"
- Climate and vehicle settings menu are functional

I tried to soft reset the radio (pressing eject for 15 seconds), tried resetting it to factory settings (reset menu in vehicle settings) and tried disconnecting the 12V battery for 15 minutes. Nothing worked.

Any other ideas to try? Has anyone ever had a similar issue?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-27-2022, 01:17 PM

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
W205
W205 doesn't use the eject button to reset the system, hold the ON button (the one that turns off the screen) for 10-15 seconds (or until the screen comes back on).
It sounds to me like the fibre optic cables might have come loose on the back of the headunit, is that something you could check yourself?
To do it follow this guide
, ignore taking out the screen itself, all you need to do is to remove centre console and slide out the headunit to have a look at the quadlock connector on the back of it.
Old 02-27-2022, 02:06 PM

C220d AMG Line Estate
Originally Posted by rudeson
Hi,

After driving for a while and having the car (W205) parked for a couple of hours, once when I got back to it the multimedia functions stopped working, but the climate and vehicle settings still function.

Here are the symptoms I'm seeing:

- Pressing Media and Radio buttons do nothing
- Entering Navi results in the message: "Initializing Navigation, Please Wait"
- Opening the camera through the settings menu results in: "360 camera unavailable"
- Climate and vehicle settings menu are functional

I tried to soft reset the radio (pressing eject for 15 seconds), tried resetting it to factory settings (reset menu in vehicle settings) and tried disconnecting the 12V battery for 15 minutes. Nothing worked.

Any other ideas to try? Has anyone ever had a similar issue?

Thanks in advance.
Did you fix the problem?
Old 02-27-2022, 05:15 PM

AMG C43
Originally Posted by PaulR7
W205 doesn't use the eject button to reset the system, hold the ON button (the one that turns off the screen) for 10-15 seconds (or until the screen comes back on).
It sounds to me like the fibre optic cables might have come loose on the back of the headunit, is that something you could check yourself?
To do it follow this guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrvGz_UwbVg , ignore taking out the screen itself, all you need to do is to remove centre console and slide out the headunit to have a look at the quadlock connector on the back of it.
I tried holding power for a long time, but it didn't do it. Holding eject for 15 seconds did restart the entertainment central though, but it didn't fix the issue.

I did remove the center console and checked all the connectors and cables, everything seems sound. I couldn't find any disconnected cable hanging around as well. Here's a picture of the back of the unit:

Old 03-02-2022, 07:29 AM

AMG C43
I tried holding power for a long time, but it didn't do it. Holding eject for 15 seconds did restart the entertainment central though, but it didn't fix the issue.

I did remove the center console and checked all the connectors and cables, everything seems sound. I couldn't find any disconnected cable hanging around as well. Here's a picture of the back of the unit:

Those are the active DTCs. Does any of them ring a bell?
​​​​​​

Old 03-02-2022, 02:02 PM

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
W205
All of those are stored except for the faulty LEDs in the handles, clear them and see which ones come back, though it doesn't look like any one of those errors are related to the headunit except for the ON button stuck, maybe disconnect the plug on the bottom of the centre console and try booting the system up then?
By the way, is your main battery original? Have the health checked, better yet just replace it with a charged up one and see if that helps anything.
The following users liked this post:
rudeson (03-02-2022)
Old 07-17-2022, 06:04 PM

AMG C43
Originally Posted by PaulR7
All of those are stored except for the faulty LEDs in the handles, clear them and see which ones come back, though it doesn't look like any one of those errors are related to the headunit except for the ON button stuck, maybe disconnect the plug on the bottom of the centre console and try booting the system up then?
By the way, is your main battery original? Have the health checked, better yet just replace it with a charged up one and see if that helps anything.
Ended up purchasing and coding a new head unit, which fixed the issue.
Old 08-11-2022, 08:13 AM

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts
2016 C450 AMG / C50 Lorinser
Make sure you have the full updated from MB. Just so you know. There is a problem with the center and i don't think there is anything to solution this but to install a new one but even then it will have the updated program in it
Old 08-11-2022, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,360 Likes on 2,236 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
post mortem investigation...

The headunit is not booting. This failure seems to impact many folks.
Are you curious to figure what's wrong and fix it for .50¢....

What do you bet:
  • loose solderless connectors ?
  • overheated capacitors ?
  • bad ROHS PCB soldering ?

Let us see the innards if we can help you...

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 08-12-2022 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:14 PM

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts
2016 C450 AMG / C50 Lorinser
Just so you know.. if you system does not work right.. the android screen will not work also.
The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (08-12-2022)
Old 08-18-2023, 01:30 AM

c350e

where you bought it from and how much for the head unit? Is it together with the new screen too?