C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

w205 C200 from 2019 clunky gearshifts (9G) + EQ resistence

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2022 | 04:41 PM

w205
w205 C200 from 2019 clunky gearshifts (9G) + EQ resistence

Hey guys!

I have bought a 2019 C200 (w205) with a 9G transmission. I'm very surprised how bad it drives - the gearshifts are very jerky/clunky.. Mainly the lower gears, when the RPM's aren't that high, like when going slowly forward after a full stop.
I've seen a good handful of posts about this, but haven't been able to find out if it's something that is possible to fix with a software update, new transmission oil or something third. Does any of you know? :-)

Also I feel a lot of resistence from my EQ boost (mild hybrid), when "gliding" towards a full stop. Some times I feel like I'm pushed forward like when hitting the breaks a little too hard, but even without touching the break. It's very uncomfortable, and I would love to be able to switch it off somehow. But that doesn't seem to be possible. So would it be possible to change the level of resistence of the EQ-charge when gliding, by coding some software differently?

Please let me know if you know anything about this. I had an A200 (w177) previously, and it drove WAY better, so I'm very surprised to find out how this w205 is behaving.. To be honest I'm super unsatisfied with it, as the driving experience doesn't live up to my expectations, at all..
I've had it around the dealer, and he reset the transmission. At first it was very jerky when shifting gears after the reset, but then it got better after driving 500-1000km.. But now, 2000+km after the reset, it's back to where it was before the reset.. My car has gone 35.000km, so it's not that much, the age taken into account.. Do I have any other options than to live with it? I hope not..
Old 07-18-2022 | 05:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by nharbo
Hey guys!

I have bought a 2019 C200 (w205) with a 9G transmission. I'm very surprised how bad it drives - the gearshifts are very jerky/clunky.. Mainly the lower gears, when the RPM's aren't that high, like when going slowly forward after a full stop.
I've seen a good handful of posts about this, but haven't been able to find out if it's something that is possible to fix with a software update, new transmission oil or something third. Does any of you know? :-)

Also I feel a lot of resistence from my EQ boost (mild hybrid), when "gliding" towards a full stop. Some times I feel like I'm pushed forward like when hitting the breaks a little too hard, but even without touching the break. It's very uncomfortable, and I would love to be able to switch it off somehow. But that doesn't seem to be possible. So would it be possible to change the level of resistence of the EQ-charge when gliding, by coding some software differently?

Please let me know if you know anything about this. I had an A200 (w177) previously, and it drove WAY better, so I'm very surprised to find out how this w205 is behaving.. To be honest I'm super unsatisfied with it, as the driving experience doesn't live up to my expectations, at all..
I've had it around the dealer, and he reset the transmission. At first it was very jerky when shifting gears after the reset, but then it got better after driving 500-1000km.. But now, 2000+km after the reset, it's back to where it was before the reset.. My car has gone 35.000km, so it's not that much, the age taken into account.. Do I have any other options than to live with it? I hope not..
I am hoping there is a way to change the level of recuperation for EQ Boost vehicles? Did you also try turning off auto start-stop in case that has any impact to the behaviour you experienced?
Old 07-20-2022 | 10:13 AM

w205
Yeah, I always go with Start/stop turned off, as it's also one thing that annoys me with this car. My prev w177 had start/stop too, but that was never an issue, as it only stopped the engine when the car was being fully stopped. This w205 somehow stops the engine before the car is fully stopped, which makes it super weird and a bit uncomfortable .. So I always turn it off. Also the way to a stop is smoother when it's turned off.

But yes, I would assume that it was possible to change the level of recuperation too, but it doesn't seem like it, unfortunately.. :/ I'm all ears if you have a trick on how to do it 🙏
Old 09-17-2022 | 12:40 PM

w205
Just want to follow up on this one.. I've had my car to A3 service, and mentioned the above mentioned issues for them again. They changed the spark plugs, made sure the gearbox software was the latest, and also installed the latest software for the engine management software - which I believe did the difference! The gearshift is now way way better than it was, and also I think the resistance from charging the EQ system is more reasonable. So all in all it's a difference experience driving the car now. Much better than before! So for anyone having similar issues, try and ask for a software update for transmission + engine steering, and see it it does any good for you too..