C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Returning owner looking for assistance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 03:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C300 w204
Returning owner looking for assistance

Good afternoon, I’m a form w204 owner (2008 c300 4matic) which I loved. Haven’t had it since 2016. Now I’m back as w205 owner, 2017 c300 which I’ve had about a week now and so far I’m in love all over again. The only issue is I’ve gotten use to driving my Acura RLX and have forgotten some features of the Benz. I’ve been reading through the forum and searching around for refreshers for the past week and have found a lot. I just have a few questions I just couldn’t seem to get from the dealer (did not purchase from Mercedes) and several calls to Mercedes so I figured I’d come back home to where the real geniuses are.

1. Does every trim have Sirius radio? I see internet radio but no option for Sirius. Even got hustled by Mercedes’ me to add the option and it’ll show up but that internet radio only came with tune I’d and I heart radio. I’m guessing I have a complete base.
2. Does every trim have the option to double click the unlock to roll down all windows? Not working for me.
3. I have keyless go/push to start but I have to manually unlock the door from the key and not just grab the handle. Is this based on trim?
4. I’ve searched for the part #S provided for the sad card for Navi but I don’t see the EXACT match on Amazon/eBay would you trust it it was a few didgits off and the description said it’d work (mine was missing upon purchase)

Lastly only issues so far was the rear right window as I’ve seen was common on the forum but the dealership ordered the module so awaiting to have that fixed and I made them order me a second key.
note: as per last vin my head unit is 07u MB apps for audio 20 without MB connect. (If that helps). I also was thinking about switching to the android HU. Still researching.

Thanks for any replies and I can provide any further info needed.
Old 07-25-2022, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 220 Likes on 186 Posts
W205 2015
Welcome back. Please see my answers below:

1. Does every trim have Sirius radio? Nope mine doesn't.
2. Does every trim have the option to double click the unlock to roll down all windows? Not working for me. You need to keep a steady press on the unlock button until all windows down down then you can unpress the unlock botton. To close all windows you need to keep a steady press on the lock button until all windows close down.
3. I have keyless go/push to start but I have to manually unlock the door from the key and not just grab the handle. Is this based on trim? Nope mine is just like yours.
4. I’ve searched for the part #S provided for the sad card for Navi but I don’t see the EXACT match on Amazon/eBay would you trust it it was a few didgits off and the description said it’d work (mine was missing upon purchase) sorry i can't help on this one.

I also was thinking about switching to the android HU. Still researching. I switched to 10.25" android you play video in motion better looking bigger ect...

The following users liked this post:
Dark Kent (07-25-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 10:58 PM

2008 C300 w204
Ok. Thanks so much. At least I don’t feel like I’m going crazy now. I just have to figure out the key/window because that’s not working at all for me.
Old 07-26-2022, 01:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,453 Likes on 2,088 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Also would want to welcome you back. In regards to the questions:
1.SirusXM is an optional extra (an option that comes with a 3 month trial but after the trial you need to paid a subscription, but if you don't option it, then the hardware simply isn't there)
2. As mentioned, you need to hold the key pointed towards the driver door handle (in most cases) although some are able to get it to work by pointing from the back of the vehicle: youtube.com/watch?v=MEtS_ytEykc
3. Keyless start (the push button start you were talking about) could be standard while keyless-go (being putting your hand inside the handle where the sensor is to unlock) is optional.
4. Sorry I also don't know how to answer this one.
The following users liked this post:
Dark Kent (07-26-2022)
Old 07-26-2022, 02:16 AM

2008 C300 w204
Thank you as well. I appreciate the feedback. I currently have a SiriusXM sub I just didn’t see it within the vehicle. When I go to radio I only see AM/FM & internet radio. My thoughts was ok it might be under internet radio clicking that option only sends me to “connecting to internet” but no internet connection is ever established. So I started a trial with Mercedes me but they said it only would have tune ID & Iheart. Im thinking I just might not have the antenna for sirius. Really appreciate the help guys.
Old 07-26-2022, 12:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,453 Likes on 2,088 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Dark Kent
Thank you as well. I appreciate the feedback. I currently have a SiriusXM sub I just didn’t see it within the vehicle. When I go to radio I only see AM/FM & internet radio. My thoughts was ok it might be under internet radio clicking that option only sends me to “connecting to internet” but no internet connection is ever established. So I started a trial with Mercedes me but they said it only would have tune ID & Iheart. Im thinking I just might not have the antenna for sirius. Really appreciate the help guys.
Instead of Internet Radio, try pressing on "Sat Radio", at least that is how I am able to call up SiriusXM but if you don't see it then like you said the vehicle might not be equipped with it.

The following 2 users liked this post by W205C43PFL:
Dark Kent (07-26-2022), matt.jessop (07-27-2022)