C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

W205 Mechanical/Electronic Failures and Repairs Database

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2022 | 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 AMG E43
W205 Mechanical/Electronic Failures and Repairs Database

This thread is intended to function as a collection of owner reports of mechanical/electronic failures and repair history during the time of ownership, so we can all view these in one place.

Scattered throughout this forum are many reports of failures (as with ALL mechanical machines), and when combined, form obvious trends like the Auxiliary Battery malfunction, #1 cylinder issues, pano roof issues, etc. I think we may find similar trends here if we all openly share our specific component failures.

Not to include wearable items or services like brake pads or fluid changes, the target information here is any component failures that require(d) repair.

Please copy and paste everything between the dashed lines below and edit/post with your information:

-------------------------------------------------------

Model Year: 2015
Model: C300 4MATIC Sedan
Purchased New or Used: Used
Purchase Date MM/YYYY: 10/2018
Purchase Mileage (estimated): 27,000
Current Mileage (estimated): 46,000

Failures to date:
  • Auxiliary Battery malfunction, replaced "Auxiliary Battery" PCB under factory warranty
  • Windshield washer pump, replaced under factory warranty
  • Leaking windshield washer fluid reservoir, replaced windshield washer pump O-ring under factory warranty
  • Replaced broken power window glass lift switch button within main window control unit in drivers door (for Right Rear window)
  • Replaced broken power window glass lift switch button within main window control unit in drivers door (for Right Front window)
  • Sagging interior headliner on upper left and right of C-Pillar (yet to be repaired)
  • Leaking windshield washer fluid reservoir (again 3 years after first repair, yet to be repaired)

Notes:
About a year and a half elapsed between the two window switch button failures. My windshield washer fluid reservoir just recently started leaking again, it leaks and drips out just behind the front left wheel fender liner as it did the last time.

-------------------------------------------------------

I think I've been very fortunate (knock wood), not bad at all IMO.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's total experiences... post up your junk! This could be very helpful to a lot of other owners.

Old 08-05-2022 | 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 2015
I like this thread Keith.
Model: C200 AMG Line German Built
Purchase Date MM/YYYY: 12/2018
Purchase Mileage (estimated): 78,000 kms
Current Mileage (estimated): 91,000 kms

Failures to date:
1- Auxiliary Battery Malfunction
2- Roof rack replaced. Stone was stuck on it damaged it.
3- Contaminated Fuel in Gas Tank. Replaced low and high pressure fuel pumps and cleaned reservoir.

Note: MB The Best or Nothing. Be Aware of Stealership.
Old 08-05-2022 | 07:38 PM

M3
Originally Posted by Andy74
I like this thread Keith.
Model: C200 AMG Line German Built
Purchase Date MM/YYYY: 12/2018
Purchase Mileage (estimated): 78,000 kms
Current Mileage (estimated): 91,000 kms

Failures to date:
1- Auxiliary Battery Malfunction
2- Roof rack replaced. Stone was stuck on it damaged it.
3- Contaminated Fuel in Gas Tank. Replaced low and high pressure fuel pumps and cleaned reservoir.

Note: MB The Best or Nothing. Be Aware of Stealership.
Why you say be aware of stealership?
Old 08-06-2022 | 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 2015
Originally Posted by ArtyV
Why you say be aware of stealership?
For my issue number 3 - Contaminated Fuel in Fuel tank. Check engine went on + Reduced performance. I went to my loc dealer which unfortunately is the only dealer on the while country: Lebanon. Service advisor advised that the fuel tank is dirty and that they will try to clean it. So to my shock and surprise they emptied the gaz tank i am not sure if they ever cleaned and the worst part is that they put the contaminaded fuel back on the fuel tank!!!!!! The engine light stayed on car's performance even worse. So my advisor said the onlly remedy is that I have to buy an OEM gaz tank + oem low pressure pump. Total cost 2000 usd excluding labor. So i suggested to re-clean the tank and only buy the low-pressure fuel pump to save money. He said sorry Sir the low pressure is embeded within the tank and cannot be bought seperatly. So you have to buy the whole lot. I was not convinced and I felt something was fishy. My brother suggested mechanic so I took the car and told him the story of the car. He suggested to thoroughly re-clean the tank and replace the low and hight pressure pumps as they are both damaged. He told me this only when he took the pumps out and test them. As for the tank he said he will have to clean and asked me to buy new fuel to put in the tank as he will surely not use the contaminated fuel again!!! So i gave him the green light. To my suprise he went to my dealer and bought the oem low pressure pump???? As for the hight pressure fuel pump we ended up buy Bosch as my dealer did not have it in stock. The total cost including labor + parts 870 usd. So if i did the work at my dealer carage i have to pay 2000 usd tank + low pressure pump + 500 labor. Total cost at dealer 2500 usd excluding the cost of the high pressure pump and the cost of replacing it.
The following users liked this post:
Keith66 (08-06-2022)
Old 08-06-2022 | 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 AMG E43
@Andy74 We bought our 2015's at almost the same time!

Old 08-06-2022 | 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 2015
Originally Posted by Keith66
@Andy74 We bought our 2015's at almost the same time!
I know I was reading your mind 😊 You did a grear job on your car. Looks awesome 😎
Old 08-07-2022 | 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 AMG E43
Originally Posted by Andy74
I know I was reading your mind 😊 You did a grear job on your car. Looks awesome 😎
LOL. Thanks dude! And yours also... in fact, your swap to a 2019 AMG steering wheel was my inspiration to do the same.

We would look sharp cruising together. I spent some time in Istanbul in June, so I was close to you, but I didn't have my car with me, lol.

Last edited by Keith66; 08-07-2022 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-07-2022 | 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 2015
Originally Posted by Keith66
LOL. Thanks dude! And yours also... in fact, your swap to a 2019 AMG steering wheel was my inspiration to do the same.

We would look sharp cruising together. I spent some time in Istanbul in June, so I was close to you, but I didn't have my car with me, lol.
I a imagining your black beast on the streets of Beirut 😎😎 the American Gangster.
​​​
The following users liked this post:
Keith66 (08-08-2022)