C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Can anyone help….screen not functioning properly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 350
Can anyone help….screen not functioning properly

Hi All, my screen seems to have a mind off it’s own… it seems to have lost all connection with radio-Nav- telephone… when in reverse the camera works like nothing is wrong and the Merc logo flashes up at times. It’s absolutely driving me insane.. any help will do.. I’ve also tried the hard reset with the eject button but to no avail 😩 is the an aftermarket I can use ? Or is this A gonna? Thanks in advance
Old 08-11-2022, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,360 Likes on 2,236 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
SCREEN OK...

Originally Posted by SamiDee

Hi All, my screen seems to have a mind off it’s own… it seems to have lost all connection with radio-Nav- telephone… when in reverse the camera works like nothing is wrong and the Merc logo flashes up at times. It’s absolutely driving me insane.. any help will do.. I’ve also tried the hard reset with the eject button but to no avail 😩 is the an aftermarket I can use ? Or is this A gonna? Thanks in advance
Good testing so far 👍

Your rear camera is proving that screen is likely ok... then the No1 suspect becomes: the hot central head unit.

- How many miles currently?

- Do you own a scanner to work with?
Your car needs to be scanned for faults before taking anythings apart...

-Does this happen right away from a cold start?

Old 08-11-2022, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 350
Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver
Good testing so far 👍

Your rear camera is proving that screen is likely ok... then the No1 suspect becomes: the hot central head unit.

- How many miles currently?

- Do you own a scanner to work with?
Your car needs to be scanned for faults before taking anythings apart...

-Does this happen right away from a cold start?

Thanks for your reply 👍🏽

39800 Miles
No scanner 😩
yes it happens as soon as I start the car in the morning… whilst driving the Merc logo launches and warning ⚠️ Screen distraction then flickers for the remainder of the journey… I’m surprised I’ve not become epileptic from all the flickering 🥺
Old 08-11-2022, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,360 Likes on 2,236 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
Originally Posted by SamiDee
Thanks for your reply 👍🏽

39800 Miles
No scanner 😩
yes it happens as soon as I start the car in the morning… whilst driving the Merc logo launches and warning ⚠️ Screen distraction then flickers for the remainder of the journey… I’m surprised I’ve not become epileptic from all the flickering 🥺
40kMi is still a very low mileage for this to happen. Without a scanner, the best guess lands on the $$$$ head unit.