C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

W205 2014 C250 BlueTec stops accelerating if i press the accelerator too hard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 W205 C250d
W205 2014 C250 BlueTec stops accelerating if i press the accelerator too hard

hi everyone. i have a 2014 C250 BlueTec with about 150 000kms or 93 205 miles. when we bought it in 2015 it was a demo car and it has almost every extra you could've gotten at the time.

however the car is giving me a lot of trouble right now and the biggest issue is that is refuses to accelerate at all it i press on the accelerator too quickly/harshly. if i start it up and drive, it functions perfectly and it can even manage to respond to my foot if i press the accelerator with mild force, but if i floor it or if i press the accelerator harshly too many times then the car goes into a "limp mode" and it refuses to accelerate at all and keeps the revs at or under 2k rpm. when the car goes into this limp mode it also refuses to let me shift gears manually with the paddle shifters and it refuses to shift gears automatically as well, the computer will shift the car up and down between 4th and 5th for example at the most random and incoherent time.

i've taken the car to Mercedes dealerships and to third party Mercedes mechanics and both have cost me a lot of money, but neither have solved the problem. so i want to see what i can do by myself.

i suspect its the turbo that is causing the issue, but i have yet to actually dig into the engine bay to inspect the car. i am also planning to get an OBD reader in the near future to see what codes the car is spitting out, because it does have a check engine light.

if anyone has experienced something similar or might know what the problem is, please let me know!

also just out of curiosity, would impaired safety systems cause this limp mode? the car has been in 2 accidents, neither of them major but the front and rear bumpers were damaged and the windscreen shattered. so the sensors on the bumpers are non functional and i had to replace the windscreen with a non OEM windscreen so the lidar sensors behind the rear view mirror also are not functional. so lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control etc don't work and the car tells me that. but i don't see why that would activate a limp mode in the middle of my drive if the car works perfectly fine when i start it.
Old 10-15-2022, 01:36 PM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts
W205
Maybe a first question before we go search issues.
did you reset the tcu? The gearbox. Because limpmode actually gives you a symbol and some fault errors in the logs.
For the 7 speed there are some updates from after 2014 so doing an update could maybe also help.
Also try driving on cruise control, go in manual mode, get the car on the rpm where you have almost max torque, put the motor info on your screen so you see how much go and torque you use and then press the cc e few times till the end so you jump per 10kmh in your cc speed.