C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

DMP Car Design Android Screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2023, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes c w205
DMP Car Design Android Screen

Hi all,

I'm considering getting the Android screen, but I have some concerns: There is supposed to be a loss of sound quality. That's a no-go for us. But I would like to understand this better: There's only a loss of sound quality if I play the music from the display itself, right? If, for example, I play it directly from my smartphone via Bluetooth, it would be processed by the original Mercedes system without any loss of quality, correct? When I use the hands-free system for phone calls, so I'm directly connected to my smartphone via Bluetooth, then I'm using the original Mercedes microphone, right?

What about the CarPlay module? Is there also a loss of sound quality there?

@C60 Free @mars c63s

Thank you!!!
Old 12-07-2023, 02:48 AM

mercedes c w205
no answer?
Old 12-07-2023, 03:10 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
993 cab, 2014 E63 AMG 4matic T
hello mb stern,
I don't have the DMP Android but I assume they're all the same. I use the Android 11 in size 12.3 from RoadTop. It's been installed for 3 years now. I got frequent sw updates so I'm pretty happy with this system.
I drive a 2014 E AMG wagon with the HK system. I also upgraded 2x8" 400w Subwoofers, sitting in the spare tire compartment.
As long as you connect the aux cable with the new monitor, it should give you the same sound as you had before. The RoadTop system gives you an additional equalizer for more adjustments and fine tune.
You also have the option to bypass the Android system and control the old hardware through the Android monitor.
One down point is that sometimes, the Android system doesn't engage when I get a call to the cell phone, which is of course connected. It stays on the cell phone. I haven't figured out why that is. If the call passes through, the sound and microphone is the same as with the old system.
I can't tell the difference.
Hope this helps in your decision.
Ed
The following users liked this post:
madmike98 (07-30-2024)
Old 07-28-2024, 07:15 PM

2016 E400 4MATIC
Originally Posted by EckFe1
hello mb stern,
I don't have the DMP Android but I assume they're all the same. I use the Android 11 in size 12.3 from RoadTop. It's been installed for 3 years now. I got frequent sw updates so I'm pretty happy with this system.
I drive a 2014 E AMG wagon with the HK system. I also upgraded 2x8" 400w Subwoofers, sitting in the spare tire compartment.
As long as you connect the aux cable with the new monitor, it should give you the same sound as you had before. The RoadTop system gives you an additional equalizer for more adjustments and fine tune.
You also have the option to bypass the Android system and control the old hardware through the Android monitor.
One down point is that sometimes, the Android system doesn't engage when I get a call to the cell phone, which is of course connected. It stays on the cell phone. I haven't figured out why that is. If the call passes through, the sound and microphone is the same as with the old system.
I can't tell the difference.
Hope this helps in your decision.
Ed
EckFe1 - I have a 2016 E400 4MATIC and am looking at different options including the RoadTop system you have. I was wondering how the installation was for it as I haven't been able to find much on YouTube for this specifically. I did see one from
that looked real good and wonder how that compares. Also, if you don't mind my asking what other manufacturers did you consider? Glad to hear yours is 3 years strong and going ;-)

-Mike