C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Missing Internet connectivity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 06:35 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
C160
Missing Internet connectivity

Sadly another complication with the new old car: Mercedes Apps are included and according to the MercedesMe website the Entertainment package is permanently enabled but with only one feature active. There is a mouse over field that tells me (in Dutch) that owing to the absence of factory fitted hardware certain features are not available. Also, in the Connectivity menu there are no entries for the Wi-Fi Hotspot, as referenced in this old but relevant thread Here. To be clear, this means that TuneIn Radio that is available does not actually work because no Internet connection is possible.

I have e-mailed to Customer Services in Belgium to ask how I can enable Internet connectivity - is there a retrofit? Can I persuade the car to join my own hotspot? (Unlikely.)

Does anyone have suggestions please? Yes, I have Apple CarPlay so can use my own choice of streaming audio, and I do. And yes, Internet In The Car is not cheap. But I would like to have the option to enable the full functionality.

Picture from MercedesMe website below; even without knowing Dutch I think you will get the idea…