C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Multiple errors all of a sudden. Turn signals, ESP, wipers.... Reply Subscribed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c350e
Unhappy Multiple errors all of a sudden. Turn signals, ESP, wipers.... Reply Subscribed

After a 5 hour drive to the mountains without any problems, I got several errors in the dash with many problems the next day. The car is a 2016 C350e estate (W205).

The following errors pop up in the dash:

Collision Prevention Assist Plus inoperative
DISTRONIC PLUS and SPEEDTRONIC inoperative
Traffic Sign Assist inoperative
(ESP symbol) inoperative See Owner's Manual
The ESP symbol and the Engine symbol light is on in the dash.

In addition I have these problems:
-the turn signals don't work.
-the wipers don't respond (unless they're already on auto, then they continue in that mode)
-the windshield washer switch don't work.
-the automatic high beams and automatic driving lights don't work.

What could be causing this?

The only thing i could be thinking off is the Traffic Sign Assist and Automatic highbeams that has been retrofitted by myself by installing a camera in the windshield from another c350e, and coding. But this has been working for well over a year now without issues. If that camera module failed, could that make such problems for other modules in the car?

I have no possibility to scan for codes or use any diagnostic tools until i come home over the weekend, I just try to do some research until then, and to know where to start.

Anyone with similar experiences or with insight into these cars systems?
Old 03-04-2024, 09:31 AM

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts
2016 C450 AMG / C50 Lorinser
You did a mod so there is no way to really tell what is going on as your car is no longer OEM speck. You have problems that are related to each other and problems which are not related to each other. The fact that you have an ESP related issue which it directly related to the driving dynamics of the cars braking system, you have a bigger problem on your hands than a forum can assist you with.