C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

DRL LED lights stopped working, diagnose error codes C350e W205

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350E
DRL LED lights stopped working, diagnose error codes C350e W205

Hello all, wondering if anyone has experience of error codes. I have a similar problem to this post https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...w205-c180.html which turned out to be the main headlight module.

I have a similar scenario getting a dashboard error: 'Left Daytime Driving Lamp' and 'Front Left Parking Lamp' warning messages and the LHS LED lights are not lighting up.
I swapping the LED lighting units (bulbs) between LHS and RHS, the LHS unit worked fine when plugged into the RHS. The RHS unit did not work when plugged into the LHS, suggesting LED units are fine.

When I ran my home diagnostics tools I get two new errors after clearing existing codes:
  • 1. The output for the standing light has a malfunction. There is a short to ground.
  • 2. Communication with the control module 'Multifunction Camera' has a malfunction.
I suspect and sort of hope that, as per the linked post, it is the main lighting module at fault.
But before replacing this module, does anyone know whether a failed 'main lighting module' could produce this a 'Short to Ground' error code, or should I be looking elsewhere?

Reason for asking, I have just had the air suspension valve block replaced by the MB dealer (£1000 which hurt), which is located just behind the LHS headlight, and they did have to remove and test the front SAM, so there is a chance that work may have created an issue or a short? The LED failed a few weeks after this work was completed.
Should I go looking for a real short or just try replacing the main headlight module first? Fuses are fine and other LHS lights all work OK.

All advice greatly received, Many thanks
Pete