C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2019 C300 Sedan Volume

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 C300
2020 C300 Sedan Volume

The volume on my 2020 C300 Sedan (please disregard the year in the title) with the Burmeister sound system stopped working all together (i.e., there is no sound coming out of the speakers). The volume knob on both the center console and the steering wheel will not change the volume level. When either of those buttons is pressed, it will still activate the mute button. The haptic function on the dash screen still works but does not work on the center screen.

I can still adjust the equalizer, fader, and balance. I have read about a fabled "maintenance menu" but haven't been able to make my way to this menu.

I have tried resetting to factory, have checked the radio and sound system fuses with multimeter, and pulled the radio fuse for 10 minutes to do a "hard reset" of the radio (although I didn't notice any difference on startup), all with no results.

I've read that it may be a bad voltage converter or potentially a bad amp. I'm ok with ordering a voltage converter but have read the amp is $700 and would like to not order one just to order. Is there a way for me to check if the amp is bad?

Last edited by jcfritz; 07-29-2024 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-29-2024, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 C300
Originally Posted by jcfritz
The volume on my 2020 C300 Sedan with the Burmeister sound system stopped working all together (i.e., there is no sound coming out of the speakers). The volume knob on both the center console and the steering wheel will not change the volume level. When either of those buttons is pressed, it will still activate the mute button. The haptic function on the dash screen still works but does not work on the center screen.

I can still adjust the equalizer, fader, and balance. I have read about a fabled "maintenance menu" but haven't been able to make my way to this menu.

I have tried resetting to factory, have checked the radio and sound system fuses with multimeter, and pulled the radio fuse for 10 minutes to do a "hard reset" of the radio (although I didn't notice any difference on startup), all with no results.

I've read that it may be a bad voltage converter or potentially a bad amp. I'm ok with ordering a voltage converter but have read the amp is $700 and would like to not order one just to order. Is there a way for me to check if the amp is bad?
Anybody else have this issue or have a method for checking (without software) what is wrong in this situation?