C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Bring it back to MB or Indy shop?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2024, 04:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi
Bring it back to MB or Indy shop?

I'm STILL having troubles with a jerky transmission and the car doesn't feel quite right. I posted my issue before https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...starts-d1.html

I'm planning on bringing it in to check since it feels sluggish/jerky and doesn't shift correctly. I've tried resetting the transmission and it still starts in D1 (instead of D2 in the previous years) and always feels like its in the wrong gear. Do you think I should bring it into an Indy shop (specializes in European cars) or just bring it into the MB Stealership?

I usually bring my car to the Indy shop for brake changes/fluids/oil changes etc but in my situation, do you think it might be better to bring it into the MB stealership and get raked over the coals or would the Indy be able to diagnose the issue as well? I definitely save money via the Indy.

Both shops are 60-minutes away.
Old 04-23-2024, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
From your other thread it seems your indy is where the issue started in the first place, so I'm guessing they didn't do something the way it's supposed to be done and your transmission lost some coding or something. Seems like you have a clear point in time when the issue started. So you can take it back to your indy and have them fix it, or you can take it to a dealership. Your transmission may have to be recoded. It's kinda ironic you are calling dealerships stealerships. Perhaps your issue could have been avoided altogether if you took it to a dealership to get the AUX battery replaced. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Last edited by superswiss; 04-23-2024 at 04:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JButtonMCL (04-24-2024)
Old 04-24-2024, 02:47 AM
SPONSOR

Received 368 Likes on 221 Posts
11 E550, 16 AMG GTS, 13 S550
Don't switch mechanics. I don't care if I'm better than the dealer at times, it's a bad business getting into other peoples' work and I turn down work when someone else is involved just because I do not want any of the liability to cross over. If you haven't actually started with with a mechanic, this is something an Indy can do. The dealership is great actually for service but they often oversell multiple parts to fix a simple issue.

Is your aux battery the OEM one? Sometimes if you replace the battery with the MightyMax ones the terminals are actually reversed polarity can you check on that for me?

Chris Tran, Service Manager/Owner
Amsoil Independent Dealer #7236674
The following users liked this post:
JButtonMCL (04-24-2024)
Old 04-24-2024, 10:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi
Originally Posted by superswiss
From your other thread it seems your indy is where the issue started in the first place, so I'm guessing they didn't do something the way it's supposed to be done and your transmission lost some coding or something. Seems like you have a clear point in time when the issue started. So you can take it back to your indy and have them fix it, or you can take it to a dealership. Your transmission may have to be recoded. It's kinda ironic you are calling dealerships stealerships. Perhaps your issue could have been avoided altogether if you took it to a dealership to get the AUX battery replaced. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
Correct, once the aux battery died and I had it replaced at an Indy, these problems happened. Knowing what I know now, I would've went to the dealership and paid 50%-75% and not have to deal with this.

Originally Posted by ChrisHimself
Don't switch mechanics. I don't care if I'm better than the dealer at times, it's a bad business getting into other peoples' work and I turn down work when someone else is involved just because I do not want any of the liability to cross over. If you haven't actually started with with a mechanic, this is something an Indy can do. The dealership is great actually for service but they often oversell multiple parts to fix a simple issue.

Is your aux battery the OEM one? Sometimes if you replace the battery with the MightyMax ones the terminals are actually reversed polarity can you check on that for me?
Do you happen to know how to check it or should I just ask the Indy to pull it up on their system?

I'm not sure if I should bring it back to the Indy (where I usually get my oil changes, battery, and even the aux battery replaced) and let them continue to try and fix it OR get the lube ready and take it to the dealership to hopefully fix it?

Frustrating :/ I started going to the Indy after the 4yr warranty was up, during the first 4 it was dealer serviced. Everything was fine during the first 4 (dealer service) and next 2.5 (Indy serviced), then aux battery last year messed things up.
Old 04-25-2024, 03:41 PM
SPONSOR

Received 368 Likes on 221 Posts
11 E550, 16 AMG GTS, 13 S550
I would check the battery see if its the right/normal one. It's in it's usual place and you'd youtube how to look at that.

Then I would consider a routine transmission service to see if that helps.

Chris Tran, Service Manager/Owner
Amsoil Independent Dealer #7236674