C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Front light issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2024, 03:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 Mercedes C250 Coupe
Front light issue

So I bought my wife a 2021 C300. I noticed one of the front lights was out. I am talking about the lights that are in the headlight assembly, but just below the actual headlight. The passenger side was out and driver side lit when headlights were on. I do know about the overnight marker light option, and when I would try this, again the front driver side would light up, but not passenger side.....mind you the taillights worked fine on both sides when this marker light setting was tried. There was no error message either, which was strange. I was thinking maybe the car was "flashed" to have this one light stay off, but that seems odd. Anyway, MB really didn't understand why this was occurring and why there was no error message. They replaced the whole headlight assembly. I think the result was the same and service did some programming, and now both lights stay off no matter what.....which is wrong, although MB says all lights are functioning properly. These lights are there for a reason obviously, and I do know how incompetent the dealers can be. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue and what the fix might have been.

The pic shown is with the car running and the light switch on "Parking Lights" Both "daytime running lights" are on, but at the angle I took the shot, it looks like the passenger side is out as well, it's not.

Thanks!!

Rob

Old 06-08-2024, 11:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 Mercedes C250 Coupe
These lights activate when I turn on the hi beams. Si I'm gonna assume that's what they are Amazing MB service did not know this!