C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

COMAND system restarts after 10 secs and No sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2024 | 01:05 AM

2016 C300
COMAND system restarts after 10 secs and No sound

Hello, I have a 2016 C300 4 Matic with 70k KMs. The car was all running fine till yesterday when suddenly the screen/COMAND system started rebooting in cycle of ~10 secs. The system is a Non-Burmester basic system. Symptoms:

1. The system starts up normal in radio mode but no sound from speakers
2. The center console switches are working(except volume button) but the system force restart after appox 10 seconds
3. Steering mounted right side buttons are not working
4. There is a fan sound after a while (I believe this is normal sound system's cooling so fan is working)
5. There is large click sound when system restarts signaling like HDD might have crashed (if this system has any)
6. Tried disconnecting the battery for 1 min and well as checked the fuses but no joy
7. Engine stop / start is working fine so Aux Battery likely be fine

Please suggest next diagnostic steps as the back camera also turns off when the system restarts and wife is scared to drive without it :-(

Last edited by Vyom02; 09-06-2024 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-06-2024 | 05:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E400 Sedan
Maybe playing stuff only dogs can hear?

Ya need to have it checked out because could be anything - CAN module going down... bad connection?

I know my gets funky when SIRIUS has those dayum FREE Views where everyone gets a few days of Sirius for free..
Mine crashes all the time and nav does not work - I do get sound though
Old 09-06-2024 | 06:23 AM

W213 All-terrain
Radio and Comand's NTG5 from w205 and w222 because of age, suffer from corrupted or defective NAND flash memory if the HDD is still alive. A proper diag and an electronic repair shop can solve this.
Old 09-06-2024 | 11:48 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by Vyom02
Hello, I have a 2016 C300 4 Matic with 70k KMs. The car was all running fine till yesterday when suddenly the screen/COMAND system started rebooting in cycle of ~10 secs. The system is a Non-Burmester basic system. Symptoms:

2. The center console switches are working(except volume button) but the system force restart after appox 10 seconds
4. There is a fan sound after a while (I believe this is normal sound system's cooling so fan is working)
5. There is large click sound when system restarts signaling like HDD might have crashed (if this system has any)
6. Tried disconnecting the battery for 1 min and well as checked the fuses but no joy

Please suggest next diagnostic steps as the back camera also turns off when the system restarts and wife is scared to drive without it :-(

you need proper diagnostics (not some aftermarket toy)
Old 09-07-2024 | 08:08 PM

2016 C300

Update: within the 10 sec time interval that I get, was able to connect my phone by selecting headset source as Bluetooth. It played the song for 4 secs and then displayed the message- Anti theft mode activated please contact MBenz dealer and restarted again. Any idea? I can confirm that nothing was added or removed from original configuration of the car.
Old 09-07-2024 | 10:55 PM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Update: within the 10 sec time interval that I get, was able to connect my phone by selecting headset source as Bluetooth. It played the song for 4 secs and then displayed the message- Anti theft mode activated please contact MBenz dealer and restarted again. Any idea? I can confirm that nothing was added or removed from original configuration of the car.
There is nothing you can do anyway without proper xentry and it's tests to precisely find out
looks like dead drive but can also be the rest of the hardware

best solution is to find another used unit from eBay not so expensive
get it programmed, then the antitheft code + a map as these are locked by vin
we can do all this

getting it repaired doesn't worth it as you might end up paying antitheft and map anyway