C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Wireless Phone Charging

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C Class Estate (2022) 220d AMG Premium
Wireless Phone Charging

Picked up my C 220d estate AMG Premium in Selenite Grey on Tuesday. Lots to love about it but something i hadnt realised (and i do a lot of research!) - the current W206 range (all models i believe) will not have wireless phone charging. 1st world problems, i know. But having swapped a 4 year old A6 that did have it - im kinda missing it. Just another knock on of the global chip shortage, but ive now got a brand new merc that id usually keep for 3-4 years with plug in charging. Such a shame.
Old 06-16-2022, 02:59 PM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by Judd222
Picked up my C 220d estate AMG Premium in Selenite Grey on Tuesday. Lots to love about it but something i hadnt realised (and i do a lot of research!) - the current W206 range (all models i believe) will not have wireless phone charging. 1st world problems, i know. But having swapped a 4 year old A6 that did have it - im kinda missing it. Just another knock on of the global chip shortage, but ive now got a brand new merc that id usually keep for 3-4 years with plug in charging. Such a shame.
Most modern phones should last you all day anyways but I understand this pain.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:17 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C 300 2022 4MATIC
We have wireless charging in US. At least my car has it and I use it. May be it's trim option. I have Exclusive trim.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 535 Posts
c
It's a trim option but has been delayed - so some cars that should have it might not.

If I were in those shoes - I'd but a wireless pad to stick in the center console. Not ideal - but there are ways around it.

Old 06-16-2022, 05:53 PM

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
2020 C300 Sedan

my 2022 C300 has it. But my car is in the shop while Mercedes engineers figure out what cause the rotors and pads to go bad on a car with 99 miles. 21 more days and Lemon Law takes effect in CA.
Old 06-17-2022, 03:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
W206 C200
I have the wireless option in my c200 launch edition. It is not working with my iPhone 13 Pro. Older iPhone X charges fine. Car was waiting in the factory for 9 months and just got delivered 2 months ago. So far it has been a ****show. Rotors and pads been replaced on mine on day 1 before delivery to me because the car was sitting for a long time in the factory. Lots of software problems with the automatic emergency braking (lots of false positives) and while driving above 90km/h there is a constant vibration in the car. Already got 4 new tires, didn’t solve it. Now I have filed an official compliant with Mercedes Netherlands and the car is going back to the dealership for the 4th time in 2 months on Monday. They will investigate again.

Last edited by luciferclefcapr; 06-17-2022 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-17-2022, 04:01 PM

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
2020 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by luciferclefcapr
I have the wireless option in my c200 launch edition. It is not working with my iPhone 13 Pro. Older iPhone X charges fine. Car was waiting in the factory for 9 months and just got delivered 2 months ago. So far it has been a ****show. Rotors and pads been replaced on mine on day 1 before delivery to me because the car was sitting for a long time in the factory. Lots of software problems with the automatic emergency braking (lots of false positives) and while driving above 90km/h there is a constant vibration in the car. Already got 4 new tires, didn’t solve it. Now I have filed an official compliant with Mercedes Netherlands and the car is going back to the dealership for the 4th time in 2 months on Monday. They will investigate again.

my car is going on Day 9 at the dealer for the brakes and rotors waiting for MB engineering in Germany to evaluate everything. If this comes to 30 days here in CA I will initiate a buy back/repurchase of this car with MBUSA. I already have an active case with them on this issue. My car when braking would clunk and thump when firmly applying the brakes. MB engineering has to be involved because this is a new car. My car was made in 10-21 and delivered to the dealer on May 19th. Clearly MB holding up these cars for so long has caused issues with the brakes and rotors. Even google says rotors and pads can rust if the car sits for longer than a month without it being driven.

clearly something is wrong with this car! I urge anyone with this problem to contact MBUSA if your in the United States or the equivalent where you are located.

Last edited by Dstopsie; 06-17-2022 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Add content
Old 07-04-2022, 11:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S206 220d AMG line
I have Wireless Phone charging on my S206 but it was part of an option pack. It's a bit hit and miss for charging phones with a phone cover. The phone needs to be wiggled around for it to work sometimes.
The following users liked this post:
Givmeabrek (07-05-2022)
Old 07-05-2022, 12:17 AM

W206 C200
What phone brand and model you have? I have an iPhone 13 pro without a case and sometimes in a blue moon it will charge for a short time when I wiggle it. Once again, no wiggling needed for iPhone X with or without case. Pathetic merc engineers.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:37 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C 300 2022 4MATIC
I have Samsung Galaxy Fold 3. Have no issue with charging wirelessly without and with the case.
The following users liked this post:
luciferclefcapr (07-05-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 06:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S206 220d AMG line
What phone brand and model you have? I have an iPhone 13 pro without a case and sometimes in a blue moon it will charge for a short time when I wiggle it. Once again, no wiggling needed for iPhone X with or without case. Pathetic merc engineers.
I use an iPhone 11 Pro with an Apple Case. I don't use the Wireless charger so often so it's not a big issue for me.
Old 07-21-2022, 04:03 AM

W206 C200
A quick update about the cluncking noise and vibrations in the car. Dealer had the car for 3 weeks and several things were done to it. They rebalanced the wheel using road-force balancing. Additionally they told me that there is an official memo from Mercedes about those vibrations. Looks like the bolts used in the torq convertor can be the cause of that also so Mercedes engineers advised to replace the bolts. Now the clunking noise is gone and the car drives smooth at highway speeds. Be sure to alert your dealer about this when you experience this. For the phone not charhing they updated the software of the charger pad. Later on I will test and see if this solved the issue. Same goes for AEB. Software update should address the false-positve braking. I will keep an eye on that for the coming time.
Old 08-26-2022, 02:26 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2022 C300 Sedan
Did the software update for the wireless phone charger solve the problem? Does it now charge your iPhone 13 Pro?