C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Anyone own the base C180 european model? What are your thoughts on it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peugeot 508 2011, Audi A4 2.7 tdi 2009, C180 2022
Anyone own the base C180 european model? What are your thoughts on it?

Hey there! I'm about to buy the new C class from my local dealership as there is a really great deal on one. It's 40000 euros for the brand new (0 km) C180 base model, from upgrades it only has 18 inch rims, upgraded navigation package with the larger 11.9" touch screen and the european Advance(PWS) package. I was completely blown away by the car at the dealership, and the only concerns I have is the tiny drivers display (it's 10.25" and it has ugly bezels around it) and the 1.5 petrol engine (170 horsepower). I don't know if such a small engine feels powerful, I did test it but didn't really have a chance to go full throttle anywhere with it. The small drivers display is such a shame, and I did ask how much would a bigger one be and they said that I can order it to have it assembled, or get one of the higher trims. Either of those brings the car to over 50000 euros. This particular one was 46500 and a friend that works at the dealership got offered a discount to 40k for it so he passed it onto me as he knew I was looking at getting a new car. I also get a 5 year warranty for it with the chance to trade the car in for a newer one during that 5 year warranty if I decide to do so, as long as it's serviced at the same dealership.

So what do you guys think? Should I take this deal? Is the 10.25" drivers display and the tiny engine something that takes away from the luxury or is it not very noticeable? Any other thoughts? Thanks!