C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Steering wheel feels heavy in comfort mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 G550, 2022 C300
Steering wheel feels heavy in comfort mode

Hi everyone! I just picked up a new 2022 c300 about 2 weeks ago. I mainly drive it in eco mode and with the steering setting at comfort. But as of yesterday I noticed my steering wheel feeling extra heavy. It almost feels like I'm driving in sport mode but I'm not. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem or not. If anyone has any insight into this it would be greatly appreciated it! Thank you!
Old 07-04-2022, 11:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S206 220d AMG line
I also think the steering can feel heavy, especially on the highway when changing lanes. This would be expected if not using the direction indicators (which temporarily disable the system) as you would be fighting the lane keeping assist feature. If you have this feature you can disable the 'advanced' setttng which attempts to keep the car from crossing broken white lines. It helped me a little I think but the car still seems to resist highway lane changes compared to my old E Class Coupe.
Old 12-05-2023, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA coupe 2019
I have the same issue with steering

Originally Posted by Singhamg
Hi everyone! I just picked up a new 2022 c300 about 2 weeks ago. I mainly drive it in eco mode and with the steering setting at comfort. But as of yesterday I noticed my steering wheel feeling extra heavy. It almost feels like I'm driving in sport mode but I'm not. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem or not. If anyone has any insight into this it would be greatly appreciated it! Thank you!

I have the same issue with my CLA 180 coupe 2019. The steering is very firm on comfort just like it is on sports mode. I took it to mercedes and they said theres no issues with it. They said they had done transmission updates etc but it still feels the same way. They even drove it with me and i tried to explain that it was not normal for comfort steering to be that stiff but the guy was like its normal. I am really frustrated because i know how it felt before and its is just weird now. Please did you get yours resolved?