C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Leasing or financing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2022, 12:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 A220 (V177 USA)
Question Leasing or financing?

Are you leasing or financing or paid in cash? If leasing or financing, how much is your monthly payment and how much did you put down?
Old 08-31-2022, 01:30 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C 300 2022 4MATIC
I never lease. I like to own stuff and do whatever I want with it. I'm not rich to pay in cash. So I have financed for 5 years. Paying about $400 monthly and I have put $20K down and got $17K from trade-in.

Last edited by Serg675; 08-31-2022 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-10-2022, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota Auris
I chose leasing for 3 years and paid 630 USD. But that was 2 years ago. So I have one more year to pay and close this lease. I recommend you choose to lease because this is the best alternative. This is the chance for any man to fulfill his dreams. Through leasing and mortgages, people achieve their goals. I never thought I would have both, but the leasing is closing soon, and now I got a mortgage from Mortgage Broker Manchester. I can't believe these things are real. So go on, and buy that Mercedes.

Last edited by herciliadistric; 11-16-2022 at 03:02 AM.
Old 11-12-2022, 07:14 AM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
Originally Posted by ab9014
Are you leasing or financing or paid in cash? If leasing or financing, how much is your monthly payment and how much did you put down?
It really depends on how high you want your payments to be and if you prefer to swap out your cars every fews years.

I am assuming you aren't looking to trade in. A lot of customers who finance trade in before they finish their payments and are able to access the upgrade and pricing structure of leasing. This is a good investment if you willing to put tens of thousands upfront since by the time the car is paid off, you can have swapped it two or three times.

Leasing is better if you aren't willing or able to put up a larger down payment. It keeps your monthly payments low and MB offers a lot of financial incentives to lease another model with them or even trade in your lease early if your re-lease. One thing to keep in mind is the mileage if you lease. Overage is 25 cents a mile and can only be contracted for lower price at the time of leasing so it can add up to thousands. MB can waive or discount damage (less frequently overage) if you lease again with them.

Overall, financing is a better investment if you want to fork up a lot more cash upfront. If you don't, leasing offers a lot of the same benefits (especially if you get customer loyalty) minus the fact that payments are indefinite. BTW many dealers add wrapping or exterior protection plans (like mine did) without telling you onto the contract you sign. Both times I have asked for the add-ons to be removed and they were comped.

I am leasing a 2022 C300 47000 MSRP leased at sticker. $650 after CA tax (588 base) at 3k down 4 years 10k miles a year. My 2020 C300 is $530 after tax for the same down and lease </3. Wonder if I got a bad deal or it'is the economy like everyone says...
Old 10-30-2023, 03:55 AM

BMW
I'm in the financing camp. Put down 10%, and my monthly payment is pretty reasonable. Owning it outright someday is the goal. But hey, different strokes for different folks, right? If you really can't decide, maybe contact a financial advisor (like a Mortgage Broker in Barnsley) who could help you. Good luck!

Last edited by KalebSantiago; 12-01-2023 at 02:21 AM.
Old 11-09-2023, 07:51 PM

bmw
I opted to finance my car, and I put down about 20% of the total cost. My monthly payments are quite manageable, and it gives me the flexibility to eventually own the car outright. If you're considering your options, it's always a good idea to weigh the pros and cons of leasing, financing, or paying in cash to find what suits your financial situation best.
But if you ever need some expert financial advice, I can recommend consulting with a Mortgage Broker in Market Weighton. They've been a great resource for me in handling various financial matters.

Last edited by Trevordard; 11-28-2023 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-27-2023, 09:11 AM

BMW 7
Personally, I decided to go with financing because I wanted to eventually own the car. My monthly payment is around $300, and I made a down payment of about $2,000. However, it's important to consider factors like your budget, driving habits, and long-term goals before making a decision. Actually, reach out to a Mortgage Broker Northampton for additional advice.

Last edited by Linverbal; 12-19-2023 at 07:37 AM.