C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Climate Blower turns on automatically after unlocking the car W206

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2023, 09:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C300, 2023 C300
Question Climate Blower turns on automatically after unlocking the car W206

So I just got a 2023 C300 1 week ago, and I noticed this weird behavior with the climate control system; I am wondering if it's just a new design feature or if something is defective.
After I unlock the car(via keyless-go) and get in the car, without turning on the car or accessory power, the climate control Blower is blowing mild air already(it is not cooled, just recirculation, and it is at very low speed). It doesn't seem to do that after I shut the car off after a drive, nor when the car is locked. It would do it even if I set the climate control to completely off before switching off the car.
I checked the manual, and nothing mentioned this behavior; I am wondering if your car also does this.
Old 04-14-2023, 11:02 PM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
Originally Posted by Patrck C
So I just got a 2023 C300 1 week ago, and I noticed this weird behavior with the climate control system; I am wondering if it's just a new design feature or if something is defective.
After I unlock the car(via keyless-go) and get in the car, without turning on the car or accessory power, the climate control Blower is blowing mild air already(it is not cooled, just recirculation, and it is at very low speed). It doesn't seem to do that after I shut the car off after a drive, nor when the car is locked. It would do it even if I set the climate control to completely off before switching off the car.
I checked the manual, and nothing mentioned this behavior; I am wondering if your car also does this.
This subject was previously addressed at https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ering-car.html

According to MB, their cars are built to retain the interior climate extremely well but this results in poor air exchange when the AC is turned off. As a result, the blower vents air (at a fan speed lower than the lowest possible one you can select for the AC) after the car is opened. For this same reason, air recirculation automatically turns off after a while when turned on.

Old 04-14-2023, 11:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C300, 2023 C300
Originally Posted by 818benz
This subject was previously addressed at https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ering-car.html

According to MB, their cars are built to retain the interior climate extremely well but this results in poor air exchange when the AC is turned off. As a result, the blower vents air (at a fan speed lower than the lowest possible one you can select for the AC) after the car is opened. For this same reason, air recirculation automatically turns off after a while when turned on.
Thank you very much! I did a search but I guess didn't get the right keywords. As always, MB is more thoughful than j thought.