C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Android Auto connectivity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2023, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2022 c399
Android Auto connectivity

I have a 2022 C300 and have had trouble with intermittent connectivity with my S21 and now S23 Samsung phones. Most often the phone will fully connect with the car wirelessly, launching Pandora music. Sometimes it won't fully connect at all, phone works but not pandora or audible. Other times it tries to start Android Auto and fails. Other times it works great but then all of a sudden it loses the connection.

I've tried to stop the car fully and reboot the phone but no success. I thought it might be my S21 phone, but recently got a S23 and have the same problems.

Anyone else having issues? Solutions??
Old 04-17-2023, 07:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2022 C300
Originally Posted by Mikeold
I have a 2022 C300 and have had trouble with intermittent connectivity with my S21 and now S23 Samsung phones. Most often the phone will fully connect with the car wirelessly, launching Pandora music. Sometimes it won't fully connect at all, phone works but not pandora or audible. Other times it tries to start Android Auto and fails. Other times it works great but then all of a sudden it loses the connection.

I've tried to stop the car fully and reboot the phone but no success. I thought it might be my S21 phone, but recently got a S23 and have the same problems.

Hi guys!
Having the same issue with my '22 C300 pinnacle trim. I have a galaxy Z fold and sometimes the connection is stable for half an hour or so and then the problem begin. Constantly disconnect and auto reconnect several times until the system give up.
Checked for updates for the MBUX but nothing is available. I have a service appointment next month so we'll see.
Old 04-18-2023, 08:07 AM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
This same issue has been reported on iPhones regardless of model or version. Do you get a wifi reactivation message that hangs?

Long press and hold the power button next to mute. Keep it pressed until the screen turns off and let go after it turns back on. This usually fixes it, but if it doesn't, remove your phone from MBUX connections and the phone's Bluetooth. Then, repair.
Old 04-18-2023, 10:50 AM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
I noticed when I have the VPN activated on my iphone it never connects to the car.
Old 05-05-2023, 05:02 PM

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
2020 GLS450, 2022 SL55 AMG, 2022 C300
Originally Posted by Mikeold

The problem can sometimes be when pairing multiple phones. For example, when one phone connects but still looking for another phone or another Bluetooth audio source. Also, sometimes the problem happens when first, you pair your phone via Bluetooth and THEN you pair via Android Auto. Try to erase all the Bluetooth connections from your car, and also delete your connection from the phone. Then reboot your phone. Then pair your phone via Android Auto (not Bluetooth). Because when you pair your phone via the wireless Android Auto, it will automatically pair your phone. Pair only one phone at first, and see if the problem remains. Here is the video on how to pair it wirelessly via Android Auto:

Old 12-18-2023, 08:38 PM

2022 c399
Fix to Android auto connectivity

After a year and a half of continuous connectivity issues between my s23 Android and my 2022 c300 a recent software upgrade fixed the issue.
Old 12-19-2023, 06:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C300e
I had issues where it wouldn't pair with my Asus Zenfone 9. Tried the usual but ended up going into the menu on the MBUX and toggling WIFI on and off once. Since then its worked without issues.
Old 12-21-2023, 08:52 PM

2023 c300
I have the same issue with both Apple Car Play and Android. Both work off and on randomly. I have taken it to the dealership 4 times now (yesterday being the 4th time). The 1st time they said that Mercedes knows of the issue and there is no fix for it. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th time, they cannot reproduce the problem. They say to try a different usb-c cord as it worked with the one, they used. The issue is, it has the same problem with and without the cord, even with Bluetooth connection. There is simply no fixing the issue and this is VERY annoying at this time.

Errors I get:
"Wireless Connection Not Possible Please try again or connect your device via USB"
"Apple CarPlay could not be started"
"Apple CarPlay could not be started. Your device has been connected as a Bluetooth phone"

Other errors:
"Automatic Mirror Folding disables itself randomly"
"Screen shots off randomly as you are driving"
"Active Steering Assist Inoperative"
"Active Emergency Stop Assist Currently Unavailable See Operator's Manual"

I picked this car because of special features I needed as I travel a lot. I had to wait for the car to be shipped from overseas to be delivered. Love the car as I did a lot of research, but with all these issues happening and not going away, taken the car in now 4 times for the same problems. The recall that's been known for over a year on my car that when you hit the gas it doesn't go, which has happened to me numerous times now as well.

They removed 47 error codes from my car when I had it in the 3rd time and the 4th time they had another error code they removed. I also have a Ring Dashcam in my car which is plugged into the OBD plug. They told me that is causing all the issues, but I had these issues before I had that Dashcam and when I didn't have it plugged in after they removed all the error codes, it was still doing the same thing. So i decided to plug it into the USB-C port for instead of OBD, they said that is still going to cause the issue. This is obviously not true at all and has nothing to do with the Ring Dashcam at all. It has the same issues with or without it plugged in. It was doing it far before I even bought the Dashcam.

Has ANYONE had any of these issues and if so, how were you able to resolve them? I lost all confidence in this car at this point and trying to figure out how to regain it.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old 12-22-2023, 11:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C300EQE
We get these issues occasionally especially on quick in and out trips where the car was off for less than 5 minutes. I usually turn off wifi and Bluetooth when it happens from mbux settings and it resolves.