UK C300e Estate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 02:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
C300e
UK C300e Estate

Hi all

I just want to introduce myself, I became a proud owner of a c300e estate (wagon) as you may also call it about a month ago.
I wanted the hybrid engine due to the longevity how I plan to keep my cars and I wanted to share any quirks or questions with other W206/S206 owners.

Excuse the size of the picture, hoping the forum will be able to resize.
I'm the 2nd owner of this car, the 1st was dealer owned from their own fleet staff.

This is classed as the AMG Premium plus and its the only trim level for this engine, not sure how else they are configured in other parts of the world.
The options I know its missing is the drivers assistance package which I struggled to find a car with as most that come from factory didn't supply this due to chip shortages. Also I thought it came with the Birmister sound system but it doesn't. Reading through this forum last night I have a couple questions to ask but thats for another thread about my issues with the car.
As this UK spec car, it doesn't have rear steering and self levelling suspensions. Its got rear auto levelling but unlike our European friends, they get all available options.
And yeah it doesn't come with wireless charging and for some reason not many USB ports. Being the 'highest' level trim this car can have its annoying it doesn't come with other bells and whistles as I've seen it could come with.

If you have any questions to ask about the UK W205 or S206 please feel free to ask.

The following 3 users liked this post by schizophonic:
Drone_S213 (01-16-2024), giovane (06-27-2023), luciferclefcapr (01-17-2024)
Old 06-29-2023, 04:22 AM

Received 159 Likes on 118 Posts
1986 Light Ivory R107 560SL, 2020 Lunar Blue W205 C300 AMG-line
Beautiful car in a lovely blue, welcome to the forum! I’m jealous on three fronts: 1. it’s a wagon (don’t get it in the US), 2. it doesn’t have the night pack (we are forced with it in the US), 3. it’s a 300e hybrid! (Also not stateside) I’ve only seen good reviews of that car and it’s powertrain. I’ve always thought they should bring it over here (or the 400e ) as it’s an attractive package with very impressive class leasing electric range, considering the 330e sells pretty well here with half the range.
Old 06-30-2023, 03:18 AM

C300e
Originally Posted by AzurSL
Beautiful car in a lovely blue, welcome to the forum! I’m jealous on three fronts: 1. it’s a wagon (don’t get it in the US), 2. it doesn’t have the night pack (we are forced with it in the US), 3. it’s a 300e hybrid! (Also not stateside) I’ve only seen good reviews of that car and it’s powertrain. I’ve always thought they should bring it over here (or the 400e ) as it’s an attractive package with very impressive class leasing electric range, considering the 330e sells pretty well here with half the range.
Hi, I wasn't aware the US doesn't get the wagon. Its such a shame as I know when then the RS6 was launched over there it got praised by all.
Yes the powertrain is tasty, I've never really had a 'high power' car so jumping into this and then putting my foot down is good without out reving the bollocks out of a smaller engine to get it going lol.

Its one of the reason why I got the c300e as the range is best in its class, the next closest thing with a similar range is in a Range Rover. I find it crazy how nothing else comes close but we're not engineers so dont know the reason why BMW 3 series come with a battery capacity as big as the c300e.
Old 06-30-2023, 05:03 AM

Received 159 Likes on 118 Posts
1986 Light Ivory R107 560SL, 2020 Lunar Blue W205 C300 AMG-line
Originally Posted by schizophonic
Hi, I wasn't aware the US doesn't get the wagon. Its such a shame as I know when then the RS6 was launched over there it got praised by all.
Yes the powertrain is tasty, I've never really had a 'high power' car so jumping into this and then putting my foot down is good without out reving the bollocks out of a smaller engine to get it going lol.

Its one of the reason why I got the c300e as the range is best in its class, the next closest thing with a similar range is in a Range Rover. I find it crazy how nothing else comes close but we're not engineers so dont know the reason why BMW 3 series come with a battery capacity as big as the c300e.
Yeah it’s a shame, they even stopped the E class wagon over here in favor of the all terrain. It is what it is. I’ve heard these things pull pretty hard when you put your foot down. Would love to try one for myself but I don’t see that happening anytime soon lol. I can’t imagine how hard the 400e must pull, especially for what it is. As far as the 330e goes, I guess because it still sells well they must be thinking why fix what isn’t broken.
Old 06-30-2023, 07:58 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,276 Likes on 1,943 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823
Yeah it’s a shame, they even stopped the E class wagon over here in favor of the all terrain. It is what it is. I’ve heard these things pull pretty hard when you put your foot down. Would love to try one for myself but I don’t see that happening anytime soon lol. I can’t imagine how hard the 400e must pull, especially for what it is. As far as the 330e goes, I guess because it still sells well they must be thinking why fix what isn’t broken.
330e? Sounds very BMW. I know it is a typo (and it happens I get it) but it is funny actually, since we were talking about BMW yesterday.
Old 06-30-2023, 08:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,276 Likes on 1,943 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823
Hi all

I just want to introduce myself, I became a proud owner of a c300e estate (wagon) as you may also call it about a month ago.
I wanted the hybrid engine due to the longevity how I plan to keep my cars and I wanted to share any quirks or questions with other W206/S206 owners.

Excuse the size of the picture, hoping the forum will be able to resize.
I'm the 2nd owner of this car, the 1st was dealer owned from their own fleet staff.

This is classed as the AMG Premium plus and its the only trim level for this engine, not sure how else they are configured in other parts of the world.
The options I know its missing is the drivers assistance package which I struggled to find a car with as most that come from factory didn't supply this due to chip shortages. Also I thought it came with the Birmister sound system but it doesn't. Reading through this forum last night I have a couple questions to ask but thats for another thread about my issues with the car.
As this UK spec car, it doesn't have rear steering and self levelling suspensions. Its got rear auto levelling but unlike our European friends, they get all available options.
And yeah it doesn't come with wireless charging and for some reason not many USB ports. Being the 'highest' level trim this car can have its annoying it doesn't come with other bells and whistles as I've seen it could come with.

If you have any questions to ask about the UK W205 or S206 please feel free to ask.
Gorgeous wagon OP, enjoy in good health! Forbidden Fruit here in North America. In Canada we used to have a C-Class wagon S205 for last generation but unlikely we have it here in the form of a S206.
Old 01-15-2024, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bmw
Phev c300e

Hello i am looking at a w205 c300e

Do i need to charge it every day? I will be doing around 40 miles a day mostly a roads from one town to another. I dont have access to charge point at home as i live in a apartment block
Old 01-16-2024, 04:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
W206 C300e AMG Line Premium Plus with driver assistance package
Do you mean a w205 or w206?
I have the w206 c300e and you don’t have to charge it every day. If the battery is depleted then it will default to driving in regular hybrid mode so no different to other hybrids apart from you are carrying round a bigger heavier battery in the boot.
Old 01-16-2024, 04:38 PM

Bmw
Originally Posted by Murton
Do you mean a w205 or w206?
I have the w206 c300e and you don’t have to charge it every day. If the battery is depleted then it will default to driving in regular hybrid mode so no different to other hybrids apart from you are carrying round a bigger heavier battery in the boot.
Thanks for the reply, W205
If the battery is depleted or car is in hybrid mode do you still get full hp or only engine power?
​​​​
Old 01-16-2024, 04:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
W206 C300e AMG Line Premium Plus with driver assistance package
You would be best off asking in the w205 section. This section is for the newer model so will likely operate differently to yours.
on mine you can switch it into battery save mode which will cause it to drive like a hybrid while keeping roughly the same level of charge. Hybrid mode will tend to prefer to use electric in residential areas. It’s linked into the route you have set in the satnav and map data to decide what part of the journey to prioritise for electric driving while aiming to use all the battery by the end of the long journey. So if you wanted to have spare battery to get the performance you could use battery save to keep some spare battery and then put it into sport mode to get the full 300bhp.
Old 01-16-2024, 05:57 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C 300 2022 4MATIC
I’m jealous on three fronts: 1. it’s a wagon (don’t get it in the US).
I'm too kind of pissed off that we don't have wagon in US. It would be my choice.
The following users liked this post:
giovane (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 06:17 PM

Received 97 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
The all terrain would be perfect in US.
Damn suvs
The following users liked this post:
Serg675 (01-16-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 08:10 PM

MB C300e S206
Hello everyone!

I also have an estate C300e AMG Line. Highly equipped but a few extras are missing. The car was built in 2022/11 (in Germany) but was registered in 2023/03.
I have two questions:
1. how can I find out if the car has a wireless phone charger? The package is supposed to include it, but the charger does not work. However, wireless Car Play and other wireless functions works perfectly.
2. How normal is it that the ICE idles with a very slight 1-1 vibration, and that I can feel in the seat?

Old 05-03-2024, 06:40 AM

C300e
Which part of the world are you from?
Old 05-03-2024, 07:03 AM

MB C300e S206
Which part of the world are you from?
Hello!
Europe, Austria.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:10 AM

Received 97 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
Consider that some bumpers or covers for smart phones might block the wireless charging.
Old 05-04-2024, 05:24 PM

MB C300e S206
Originally Posted by giovane
Consider that some bumpers or covers for smart phones might block the wireless charging.
Thank you for reply!
Yes, I know that. But unfortunately doesn't work either without a phone case. I was thinking that it might not have been built in because of the 2022 chip shortage.