C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Center Console Freezes/Glitches Out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Center Console Freezes/Glitches Out

I've had my w206 c300 since last September and ever since I got it the center console freezes up from bluetooth/apple carplay. This happens once or twice a day at least. I have brought it in for service and they never find anything wrong with it. Also updated my iphone to the latest IOS as well. Has anyone else had this issue?
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_8234.mov (2.53 MB, 42 views)
File Type: mov
IMG_5724.mov (3.41 MB, 29 views)
Old 08-09-2023, 03:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C300e
C300e owner here in the UK. I use Android Auto and had the occasional issue but it works first time every time I get into the car and function fine when using it.
Couple of things to rule it out.
1. Have you tried to use another iphone to see if it continues to glitches out and freezes?
2. Possibly factory reset your iphone - I know its not convenient but you can rule it out.
3. (worth a shot) but how about using a USBC-Lighting cable and have it run off that connection to see if it still glitches.
4. Also try to create a new profile and pair up the phone? I've got a weird bug under my profile where my fiancée doesn't when she drives the car.

When you bought it in, did the dealership perform any of their own testing?
Old 08-09-2023, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Yes, over the ownership I've had a few friends use their phones for either Android Auto or Apple Carplay and it still happens. The issue still persists after trying 2 and 3. I'll give 4 a try. That could possibly be the problem since dealership tests it out they don't use mine. They test drove my car and did tests with different settings on the car and found no issues. Even after glitching out sometimes a few of my settings get reset to the original settings. Honestly, it's whatever, but gets annoying when it happens at least once or twice every time I drive. It could be like some of the other people said where I got the first few batches of cars and were just sitting at VCP for many months before arriving.