C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Anyone figure out the finicky sunroof slider button?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2023, 07:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2022 C300
Anyone figure out the finicky sunroof slider button?

Has anyone figured out tricks for the finicky sunroof slider button?

If the shade is closed and you want to open the sunroof you seem to have to swipe once, let the shade open completely and then swipe again to slide open the actual glass roof. Is there a trick to opening both the shade and glass roof at the same time?

Also, I have the dual pane sunroof but it doesn’t really open that far, maybe there’s a trick to opening it more?

Last edited by Zeldaah; 08-11-2023 at 07:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AaronW (08-15-2023)
Old 08-14-2023, 01:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C300
I know in my 23 with the touch-sensitive switch if you push up on the slider (the side toward the seats) the slider will open and the window will vent. Not sure if theres a trick to get it to happen all at once. I cant even get the unlock then hold to open all windows and roof
Old 08-15-2023, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2022 MB C300
Originally Posted by Zeldaah

If the shade is closed and you want to open the sunroof you seem to have to swipe once, let the shade open completely and then swipe again to slide open the actual glass roof. Is there a trick to opening both the shade and glass roof at the same time?

Also, I have the dual pane sunroof but it doesn’t really open that far, maybe there’s a trick to opening it more?

I have my 22 c class for over a year now with the pano roof and I haven’t seen another way to open it further. It’s quite disappointing since it’s just enough for you to stick your head through but I guess it’s average since most cars in general with a pano roof don’t open that far I think.
Old 09-01-2023, 04:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 C250

With the 205 is easy and works 100% of the time.
With 206, crap. So I found out:

For angle open - push it at the start of the slider - push at the front. Now this does not always open the it depending if the blind is open. If it is open, it might close, so push it again.
Slide to open blind
Slide and push at back of slider to fully open.
Now closing - push at the start of the slider.

Everything is controlled via software and mbux is VERY VERY SLOW. Have to be patient. If button or slider or touch screen is touched again, it will hang. If any of you remember the early days of iphone and android and tried to tap an icon hoping to get it going faster, you will get the same reaction here.
Old 09-01-2023, 07:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,106 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
I read this from another forum I think it was in an EQE but basically instead of slide, apparently doing a quick flick it will be more effective, Try it, another thing to note that the moisture level on the hands can affect the capacitive buttons' accurateness as well.
Old 09-04-2023, 05:25 AM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300

Ive honestly had no issues with the pano roof slider on my 2023 - maybe cause I have fat fingers LOL

Slide away toward back of cabin once to open blind
WAIT. Don’t touch the slider.
Slide toward back of cabin again to open roof once blind FULLY open

Slide toward the front of the car motion to close roof then blind and WAIT in between operations before touching the slider.

Simply tap (in my experience anywhere on the slider) to tilt roof open or closed

MOST IMPORTANTLY - a single tap during any of these operations will STOP the operation, which is why a lot of people can’t seem to get ventilation open or closed all the way.

For example, the blind is rolling back after you swipe. If you touch it while opening, it stops moving.
Same with the roof if you want to leave it halfway open.

Just be patient and don’t touch the slider after swiping or pressing it and it works flawlessly.

Last edited by 818benz; 09-04-2023 at 05:28 AM.
Old 09-04-2023, 02:18 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
I wish there was a sunroof delete among the options, since I never use it.
It lets heat in, it can leak inside the cabin if the drain hoses are clogged, and sometimes it is cursed with various electrical gremlins.
In case of my old BMW E92, it can also explode without warning.
Old 09-05-2023, 04:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C300
To solve that issue, use a ceramic coated tint on the pano to greatly eliminate the heat
Old 09-06-2023, 03:26 AM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
Originally Posted by giovane
I wish there was a sunroof delete among the options, since I never use it.
It lets heat in, it can leak inside the cabin if the drain hoses are clogged, and sometimes it is cursed with various electrical gremlins.
In case of my old BMW E92, it can also explode without warning.
I honestly adored my pano sunroof from my 205 and missed it the most in my w206 (and the passenger cargo net lol)

So glad to have it back I got crystalline and it really helps with the heat. Never once had it leak on me, but I know that was an issue on older models.
Old 09-06-2023, 10:35 AM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
Originally Posted by KE5TNY
To solve that issue, use a ceramic coated tint on the pano to greatly eliminate the heat
Done that already