C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Eco start/stop malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2023, 12:24 PM

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts
Current: 2022 C300W4, 2016 Audi A8L Previous: 2019 C43W4
Question Eco start/stop malfunction

On a long trip, my eco start/stop decided to deactivate all on its own. After a number of key cycles, it is still "off" all of the time, from startup. This is indicated by a message on the dash display with no warning messages other than "eco start/stop off".

Anyone else run into this? I have no idea what is causing it, and the dash mounted switch does not activate the system.

I'm thinking this will inevitably result in a visit to the shop...
Old 08-14-2023, 12:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,933 Likes on 3,097 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Grant Hummel
On a long trip, my eco start/stop decided to deactivate all on its own. After a number of key cycles, it is still "off" all of the time, from startup. This is indicated by a message on the dash display with no warning messages other than "eco start/stop off".

Anyone else run into this? I have no idea what is causing it, and the dash mounted switch does not activate the system.

I'm thinking this will inevitably result in a visit to the shop...
Sounds like a battery-related problem. If the aid battery is non-nominal on older MBs the start-stop doesn’t work.

MB and electrical problems, especially with new cars, seems to be “part of the experience.”
Old 08-15-2023, 11:42 AM

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts
Current: 2022 C300W4, 2016 Audi A8L Previous: 2019 C43W4
Yesterday afternoon, after about a half mile of driving after startup, the Eco Start/Stop decided to start working again. I still have an appointment scheduled to have the dealer check it out, just in case it decides to stop working again, but it seems to have just been a software malfunction.