C-Class (W206) 2021 to

2023 C-class Ambient lighting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2023, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 c-class
2023 C-class Ambient lighting

Hi, I just purchased a 2023 C-class. It has the ambient light package. But I only have "Direct" and "Indirect" options to change. I do not see the "Accent" option for the vents and center console lights. Are there different packages?? I cant seem to find any info about it, but every video I seen has vents,console,dash, doors,footwells all lit up as well as the vents change with the temp adjust. Mine only has dash, doors and footwells. Am I missing something? Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by Scottp1973; 09-02-2023 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-02-2023, 05:53 AM

C300e
I got my C300E with premium package yesterday and have the same issue.
I will try to see with my dealership. However, I noticed that if you go to the website and configure the car, the lights in the air vents are not present, like it happened in our case.
I think they removed it because of a parts shortage or so.
If that is the case, it is really bad from them for such a car with such a price tag.
As soon as I have news I will let you know.
Old 09-02-2023, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,586 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
I believe there is an optional enhanced ambient lighting which does the ac vents, etc.
Old 09-02-2023, 01:35 PM

C300e
Originally Posted by js_cls
I believe there is an optional enhanced ambient lighting which does the ac vents, etc.
I searched for it, and at least in my country, that option is not available. Even if you select the Premium Plus package, which I believe should include it, the ambient lights in the air vents are missing when you view the car images in the configurator

PS: Checked in the German configuration and it is the same, no lights in the air vents.

Last edited by quimterra; 09-02-2023 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-02-2023, 11:36 PM

2023 c-class
Originally Posted by quimterra
I got my C300E with premium package yesterday and have the same issue.
I will try to see with my dealership. However, I noticed that if you go to the website and configure the car, the lights in the air vents are not present, like it happened in our case.
I think they removed it because of a parts shortage or so.
If that is the case, it is really bad from them for such a car with such a price tag.
As soon as I have news I will let you know.
i looked around and, yea it looks like you need the "Enhanced ambient lighting" to get the vents and console lights. A little deceiving if you ask me. For the money i paid i would think it should come with it. Sales person never mention anything about what option comes with what package. I should have researched more. I guess thats mercedes for ya.
Old 09-03-2023, 11:31 AM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
They've been having problems finding parts. Apparently the enhanced ambient lighting is not going to be available for production until December 2023 as mentioned on the 2024 order guide.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...der-guide.html