C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Transmission stutter at idle with auto start/stop disabled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2023, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 c300
Transmission stutter at idle with auto start/stop disabled

Purchased a 2023 c300 back in April and have had no issues with the car until now. I have around 6k miles on it currently and have recently out of chance discovered a weird stutter. I usually keep the cars auto start stop feature enabled and do not bother turning it off. However I recently disabled the function and have noticed a weird intermittent stutter of the car. While in reverse or in drive while holding my foot on the brake at a complete stop the car will stutter every 10-15 seconds and send a shake through the car. I have tried resetting the “learning” transmission feature and still experience the stutter. It only stutters in reverse or drive at a complete stop at idle and runs completely fine driving around town(accelerating and picking up speed). I don’t notice a change in RPM either. As soon as I put the car in the park it runs completely fine and there is no stutter. I know there’s a recall for transmission wiring length to be addressed and I have that scheduled for a month out due to lack of loaners. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this issue or knows what it could possibly be?
Old 06-03-2024, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 W206
Yes, I have exactly the same issue. Sent to service center and they informed me this is characteristic of the engine for this model. Not really sure if this is the case because I have never had this issue in the beginning (only noticed this 1.5 years later).
Old 06-04-2024, 07:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,418 Likes on 2,060 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823
Originally Posted by menghann
Yes, I have exactly the same issue. Sent to service center and they informed me this is characteristic of the engine for this model. Not really sure if this is the case because I have never had this issue in the beginning (only noticed this 1.5 years later).
In that case, might be a software issue (I wonder if a patch is released yet?), I would try another dealership if they are trying to say it is normal.