C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Dashcam activation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2024, 05:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
W206 C300e AMG Line Premium Plus with driver assistance package
I have had mine for almost 5 months and I haven’t had any issues with it.
when I was researching some cars seemed to have issues and it appeared to be down to the units overheating. I guess some cars are prone to more direct sunlight.
There have been comments about the sd card they come with not being great. Mine is working fine though. I have a sandisk extreme pro 64gb I bought but haven’t fitted yet. It’s there as a spare but a good quick card is cheap enough it’s not worth getting anything cheaper for that capacity.
Old 06-30-2024, 05:54 PM

Does the fitcamx software work with it?
It may look identical but the plastic moulding is probably the most beneficial and easiest to copy. It might be a cheaper camera and their own or generic software.
Old 06-30-2024, 06:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLK350 2011 RWD
Originally Posted by Murton
Does the fitcamx software work with it?
Nope, but I gotta try again. The app that came with it (described in the manual) is Viidure, and this dashcam has glitches even with this native Viidure app, sometimes I cannot connect to Dashcam via this app.
The UI of both apps are almost identical, seems like one is rebranded version of another.
Originally Posted by Murton
when I was researching some cars seemed to have issues and it appeared to be down to the units overheating.
Indeed. This is my main concern, when I eject the SD card I always notice it is hot as hell, I guess this is the reason why the recording fails sometimes. I was even considering to put some cooler fan on top, but it will look ridiculous.
It is extermely hot even in winter, when there is no sun exposure, so I guess this is engineering flaw. So you way FitcamX does not get very hot?
Old 06-30-2024, 07:25 PM

C300 2022 W206
Originally Posted by Merciful
Guys, can you please share your experience, so far with this FitcamX dashcam did you have any problems when connected via rain sensor? Why I am asking: I have exactly same-looking dashcam on my GLK, but not FitcamX, it is a chinese noname brand bought on AliExpress, looks exactly like FitcamX and supposedly produced on the same Chinese factory.
It has a problem: there is no seamless recording, it has interruptions and big periods of time are not recorded when they should be, and some of the video files are unreadable.
My assumptions about what causes this:
1. The power supply from rain sensor is unstable
2. The SD card is incompatible
3. My dashcam is a Chinese junk

Please share your experience if anybody had similar problems with FitcamX. I would very appreciate also if you share MicroSD card brand that you use with FitcamX. Thanks.
Your assumptions are reasonable, but I haven't experienced any issues with mine since I installed it over eight months ago. A few weeks ago, I removed the stock SD card to download some videos, and it neither lagged nor skipped at any time.
Old 07-01-2024, 07:41 AM

My card is quite warm but not excessive.
Old 07-03-2024, 07:45 AM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
SD card's like USB sticks usually get hot when reading/writing data. You will also notice the same when inserted into a computer. I suspect the recording failure is not from the SD card.

Has anyone experienced issues with the rain sensor using the hardware swap? I like the auto-rain sensing wipers and moonroof closing, which I don't want to sacrifice.
Old 07-03-2024, 08:08 AM

C300 2022 W206
Originally Posted by 818benz
SD card's like USB sticks usually get hot when reading/writing data. You will also notice the same when inserted into a computer. I suspect the recording failure is not from the SD card.

Has anyone experienced issues with the rain sensor using the hardware swap? I like the auto-rain sensing wipers and moonroof closing, which I don't want to sacrifice.
No issues for me. My rain sensor and the closing of the panoramic roof works just fine.
The following users liked this post:
818benz (07-03-2024)
Old 07-04-2024, 11:08 PM

GLK350 2011 RWD
Originally Posted by 818benz
No issues either. The wipers run like clockwork, the same as roof.
The following users liked this post:
818benz (07-12-2024)