C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Lights switching themselves to rhd every few days

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2023, 06:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
W206 C300e AMG Line Premium Plus with driver assistance package
Lights switching themselves to rhd every few days

C300e PHEV amg line premium plus with the driver assistance package. UK model.
One weird thing I have had happen a few times is that I have the lights set to automatic but once a week or so the setting changes itself to right hand drive and then a warning comes up when driving and I need to go in and change the setting.
I would try just setting it to left hand drive but whenever I unlock the car it thinks the default is right hand drive so it immediately shows a warning which is even more annoying.
Ive been invited back to go through and questions or issues so will get them to sort it them but I was wondering if anyone has had anything similar?
Old 11-09-2023, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,899 Likes on 2,609 Posts
2019 C63CS
Sounds like one of the many software bugs in recent models. My understanding is that the switching is now mainly automatic based on your GPS position and navigation map data. So if you cross into mainland Europe from the UK it will automatically switch to LHD, and then back to RHD when you cross over to the UK again. Your car's GPS may be on the fritz thinking that you are on the mainland.
Old 11-10-2023, 03:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C300e
Morning, another C300e premium plus owner here. I had this weird issue. I set it to automatic as it should know the driving location I was on. The message came up and was annoying.
I end up choosing 'right hand side traffic' and its set and hasn't come back on since.
Old 11-10-2023, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C200
Originally Posted by schizophonic
Morning, another C300e premium plus owner here. I had this weird issue. I set it to automatic as it should know the driving location I was on. The message came up and was annoying.
I end up choosing 'right hand side traffic' and its set and hasn't come back on since.
I have a 2023 / 73 plate C200 prem+ (UK) that also has this feature. Set to "automatic" and occasionally comes up with "left side traffic" but soon corrects itself to "right side traffic" after a hundred yards or so.

I've not been flashed so assume it's normal...

Last edited by Up673429; 11-10-2023 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 11-10-2023, 01:55 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
W206 C300e AMG Line Premium Plus with driver assistance package
Are you sure you got that the right way round?
mine often starts on right hand traffic and corrects itself to left hand traffic after I start moving. I also have the uk model.
if you park in front of a wall and switch from right to left side traffic you will see the left edge of the light beam lift up slightly. That’s how you can confirm left side traffic = left hand drive as otherwise that lifted part of the light will be shining in the faces of oncoming drivers. The terminology they use is very confusing.
The following users liked this post:
EleBest (11-18-2023)
Old 11-10-2023, 01:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C200
Originally Posted by Murton
Are you sure you got that the right way round?
mine often starts on right hand traffic and corrects itself to left hand traffic after I start moving. I also have the uk model.
if you park in front of a wall and switch from right to left side traffic you will see the left edge of the light beam lift up slightly. That’s how you can confirm left side traffic = left hand drive as otherwise that lifted part of the light will be shining in the faces of oncoming drivers. The terminology they use is very confusing.
Perhaps I've confused my left and right! Point being it changes once driving and I've not been flashed so assume all is I ok.

Wholeheartedly agree terminology is confusing...
​​​​
Old 11-18-2023, 10:25 PM
SPONSOR

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
E200 2010, G63 2018, E53s 2019, EQS53 Touring 2021, S500 2022, A200 2023
LHT=RHD
RHT=LHD

LHT: Left hand traffic: drive on the left side of the road, so it is driver sit at right side of the car: RHD