C-Class (W206) 2021 to

“Interior Window Tint Campaign” still applicable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 08:18 PM

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts
‘22 S500
“Interior Window Tint Campaign” still applicable?

Three days after my recent purchase of a C300 (produced 7/23), I received an urgent call from my salesperson, stating that he was driving to my home (77 miles from dealership). He needed my signature on a form (below) holding MBUSA harmless. Is this campaign applicable to my car? Should I sign this after the fact? Thanks in advance.

“Interior Window Tint Acknowledgement To Our Valued Customer:
Mercedes Benz USA, LC (MBUSA) has isued atechnical service buletin regarding potential damage ot your vehicle's electronic components if window tint si installed on hte interior of your vehicle incorrectly or improperly
nI the event that occurs, the MBUSA warranty regarding those components may be voided. We are providing you this notice to inform you of this potential problem. Please be aware that by using improperly qualified tint installers your MBUSA warranty may be compromised.
I have read and understand this notice this
_ dayof -2023
Purchaser/Lessee:”

Last edited by Peter; 11-30-2023 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-30-2023, 08:45 PM

Received 97 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
You mean production July 2023? Then your car is not affected
Also your sales person is not informed. The issue was resolved starting from production 09/2022. I installed the tint on my 01/2023 no problem.
For a shady dealership it's a way to blame you for anything happening on your car in case you install the tint and them not honoring the warranty, even if the problem is not related to the tint.
I wouldn't sign anything.

this is the recall
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/202...2V678-5275.PDF
Old 11-30-2023, 09:06 PM

‘22 S500
Thx so much, Giovane. And thanks for the date of production correction. I just edited my post. So far, so good. I’m noticing a slight vibration sound coming from the driver’s door when I turn up the bass on the Burmester. I opted to lower the bass setting as opposed to having the dealership disassemble the door. Makes sense?
Old 11-30-2023, 09:15 PM

2023 C Class
You shouldn't be lowering your bass settings to resolve a vibration. You decide if you want the dealership checking on that, but it appears MB is not doing a good job resolving issues.
I have a rattle coming from the passenger seat (acknowledged by MBUsa) and my dealership kept the car 5 days and still not able to fix it.
This car is a symphony of rattles and plastic noises, and it's disappointing.
My previous A7 with 140k miles had 0 noises inside. I know it was a different class (comparable to a E Class) but still, I expect rattles and noises from trucks and Chevrolets, not from a $58k car.
Old 11-30-2023, 09:41 PM

‘22 S500
That’s a bad story….wondering if your “symphony” evolved as the miles accumulated for you….or was there a hint of a concerto in the making there from the start? I certainly do not want to be in the mix. Me? I’m too old for this. I’d bail. Extraneous vibrations/rattles takes away all of the joy. Lately Benz seems to have no qualms about releasing “not yet ready for prime time” vehicles. Sadly, you didn’t exactly sign up to be a Beta tester. Nor did I. I’d look seriously at Audi 6…or BMW 430i. And no….I’ll lower the bass setting, rather than have my car be a part of a “fishing expedition,” usually setting off other issues. The voice of experience.

Last edited by Peter; 11-30-2023 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-01-2023, 11:15 AM

2023 C Class
Unfortunately the noises started to come up after 6k miles or so. Now at 12k, hopefully it won’t get worse.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t regret buying the car and I really like it.
Still I wish it was built better.
Long gone are the quality and reliability of my dad’s 190d 2.5