C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Opinions on the W206

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2024, 03:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C250
Opinions on the W206

Ive previously had W204 C220, I now have a W205 C250.
What is everyones opinions on the new central console touch screen?
Im over 6 foot tall so my drivers seat is all the way back, is it difficult to use in comparison the chunky buttons of previous models.
What are ant general observations on the new model?
Old 01-02-2024, 08:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
W206 C300e AMG Line Premium Plus with driver assistance package
It still easy to use and for some things having a lot more on the screen makes it much easier.
I would still have preferred a second row of buttons for the demister and temperature controls though as I find I still have to look down to make sure I’m tapping the correct part of the screen.
The following users liked this post:
Apone1337 (01-02-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C250
Yea I can feel my way around the the controls in my current car with out taking my eyes off the road.
im concerned about having reach forward as im so tall and seat is so far back.
The current layout is at my finger tips.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
W206 C300e AMG Line Premium Plus with driver assistance package
I should really start trying ‘hey Mercedes’ to control a lot of these functions. It just doesn’t occur to me at the time.
Old 01-03-2024, 05:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300e
Putting everything onto touch screen is a step backwards IMHO, physical buttons are easier to use on the go. You do get used to it & personally I don't need to make adjustments that frequently.

Look forward to all manufacturers winding back a bit & offering a better mix of touchscreen & physical controls.
Old 01-03-2024, 12:24 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C 300 2022 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Murton
I should really start trying ‘hey Mercedes’ to control a lot of these functions. It just doesn’t occur to me at the time.
I have noticed that I have started to use MB voice control more and more too. I guess it's just matter to get used to it and slowly it will be natural. Don't need buttons either on screen or physical. Just kidding :-)
Old 01-04-2024, 11:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W206
I’m also well over 6 feet - you shouldn’t have any issues with the controls. I’ve grown quite fond of the new system. There are couple of stupid design decisions such as putting the recall button in the same place as the end call button. Since the system can sometimes be laggy it happened to me more than once that I press end call twice, which resulted in calling the same person I just talked to. I’ve started to use the button on the steering wheel just to avoid it.

Car itself, meh, honestly it feels cheap. Plastic on the side of the center console, full plastic on the bottom door panel, no soft lining inside door bins (golf has that lol) wtf? Before anyone asks yes, I have an AMG pack, it’s not a basic trim (scared to imagine what that looks like). Hope they fixed all of the early issues because visit to the dealer to reattach that small piece of door rubber which is falling off is just ridiculous at this price point.

Be sure to get the HUD and the navigation with augmented reality, they look really nice combined.

Last edited by degustator; 01-04-2024 at 11:11 PM.