Mercedes Benz Navigation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 c300
Mercedes Benz Navigation

Hello,
I have 2023 C300 which didn't come with mercedes navigation. I recently got an option to buy mercedes navigation from mercedes me store. I bought it but the maps are v11.0 and current version that is available is v14.0. I am not able to download the maps manually too. When I try downloading in a formatted usb stick with nothing in it and try to install in my car it says "Map Data Corrupt". Can someone help me on whether they did get an auto update on maps or they downloaded it manually? If manually, did they face this issue of Map data being corrupt? Also when I purchased the package it said I would also get live traffic information and option for best route. I don't really see that option. Do I need to do anything in the car? I do have live traffic, online map update and car-to-x communication activated
Old 04-04-2024, 08:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
Originally Posted by meetchheda
Hello,
I have 2023 C300 which didn't come with mercedes navigation. I recently got an option to buy mercedes navigation from mercedes me store. I bought it but the maps are v11.0 and current version that is available is v14.0. I am not able to download the maps manually too. When I try downloading in a formatted usb stick with nothing in it and try to install in my car it says "Map Data Corrupt". Can someone help me on whether they did get an auto update on maps or they downloaded it manually? If manually, did they face this issue of Map data being corrupt? Also when I purchased the package it said I would also get live traffic information and option for best route. I don't really see that option. Do I need to do anything in the car? I do have live traffic, online map update and car-to-x communication activated
You cannot just download the new maps, it is not that simple. The one who sold it to you can, but probably against some $. If you want to go by with oem from A tird patirdand for the fraction of the price, take a look at ebay. Dealer quoted me around 500-600 and I got it for $36, oem, packed and sealed. I never understood how this is possible..works fine until this day.
Old 04-04-2024, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,568 Posts
2019 C63CS
You should be getting over-the-air updates for the map if you have automatic updates checked in the car settings. It's on by default. This will only update your home region, though. The other regions can be downloaded from here https://www.me.mercedes-benz.com/pas...ap-update.html. I'm assuming that's where you tried to download it from. This process has always worked for me since 2019 when Mercedes me connect was first released. I do know that the process is problematic on MacOS. I use a Windows machine and as said it has always worked. Never got corrupt maps.