C-Class (W206) 2021 to

2024 C300 Enhanced Ambient Lighting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2024, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 C300
2024 C300 Enhanced Ambient Lighting

Hey everyone, I recently bought a 2024 C300, not realizing that there was a chip shortage regarding the enhanced ambient lighting. This was very disappointing. I saw some threads that you can buy vents with lights and put them in the car. But does anyone know if the car already has the lights in it and just needs the chip? If so do you think it would be possible for Mercedes to allow you to pay to have the new chip added to the car for enhanced ambient lighting?

Really trying to find a work around this that won’t void my warranty. I think this is one of the best features of the car that it doesn’t have. Thank you
Old 04-21-2024, 05:06 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
Originally Posted by Kristopher49
Hey everyone, I recently bought a 2024 C300, not realizing that there was a chip shortage regarding the enhanced ambient lighting. This was very disappointing. I saw some threads that you can buy vents with lights and put them in the car. But does anyone know if the car already has the lights in it and just needs the chip? If so do you think it would be possible for Mercedes to allow you to pay to have the new chip added to the car for enhanced ambient lighting?

Really trying to find a work around this that won’t void my warranty. I think this is one of the best features of the car that it doesn’t have. Thank you
No, without the enhanced ambient lighting the vents are not equipped with leds.
It's not only a matter of missing circuitry. You need the whole aftermarket kit (vents, door handles, center console lighting, control unit) to get them, and coding to get the new menus active.