C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Default suspension VS sports suspension (non hybrid models))

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2024, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
Question Default suspension VS sports suspension (non hybrid models))

There are two main types of suspension:
  • a) AGILITY CONTROL suspension with selective and lowered damping system (default)
  • b) Sports suspension
(I'm excluding the more expensive suspension with adaptive damping system for now)

Questions:
  1. Default suspension has "lowered damping system" in its name. Does it mean that the system will choose to lower the car when needed? If yes, by how much, 15mm?
  2. Is the sports suspension even lower than the default one? Or it only goes as far as 15mm less?
  3. Comfort of the sports suspension: will I feel every bump/hole on the road much harder than the default suspension? Or it's only a minor difference?
  4. Are you confortable with the ground clearance of each one? Any preference?
  5. Which one do you have? Any regrets?
Old 04-24-2024, 07:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300/2023-Toyota CHR-Toyota Yaris-Lexus IS
Originally Posted by campinas
There are two main types of suspension:
  • a) AGILITY CONTROL suspension with selective and lowered damping system (default)
  • b) Sports suspension
(I'm excluding the more expensive suspension with adaptive damping system for now)

Questions:
  1. Default suspension has "lowered damping system" in its name. Does it mean that the system will choose to lower the car when needed? If yes, by how much, 15mm?
  2. Is the sports suspension even lower than the default one? Or it only goes as far as 15mm less?
  3. Comfort of the sports suspension: will I feel every bump/hole on the road much harder than the default suspension? Or it's only a minor difference?
  4. Are you confortable with the ground clearance of each one? Any preference?
  5. Which one do you have? Any regrets?
There are actually two types of suspensions, or rather three.
There is the 485 which is the normal one and then there are the 486 and the 677 which are the ones with the height lowered by 15 mm.
Neither of them vary the height to your convenience, the difference between the two is that the 486 is harder than the 677.
I now have the 486 with the rear axle steering and comparing it with the one I had before, which was the 677, I like the new one much better, the car is much more agile and safe, it is not uncomfortable at all
Old 04-24-2024, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
Thanks for the information SUSO4!

In the Mercedes configurator for my country, I have these options:
  • AGILITY CONTROL suspension with selective and lowered damping system - this one should be the 677 right?
  • Sports suspension - this one the 486 right?
  • Suspension with adaptive damping system / Pack Engineering - with the 486 as well correct?
I don't see any other options, so I guess that it's not possible to select the 485 (normal) version?
Even if I opt out of the AMG line, it still shows the same options (difference is that sports suspension is not included, and is 450€ more)

Taking all of this into account, and since I don't see an option for the 485 version in my configurator, the ride heights that I can choose will always be lowered by a fixed 15mm (486 and 677), correct ?

Old 04-24-2024, 03:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300/2023-Toyota CHR-Toyota Yaris-Lexus IS
Originally Posted by campinas
Thanks for the information SUSO4!

In the Mercedes configurator for my country, I have these options:
  • AGILITY CONTROL suspension with selective and lowered damping system - this one should be the 677 right?
  • Sports suspension - this one the 486 right?
  • Suspension with adaptive damping system / Pack Engineering - with the 486 as well correct?
I don't see any other options, so I guess that it's not possible to select the 485 (normal) version?
Even if I opt out of the AMG line, it still shows the same options (difference is that sports suspension is not included, and is 450€ more)

Taking all of this into account, and since I don't see an option for the 485 version in my configurator, the ride heights that I can choose will always be lowered by a fixed 15mm (486 and 677), correct ?

That's correct, the 486 suspension is the sporty one and if you add the technological package in my country it includes rear axle steering, it's what I have and it works wonderfully.
Both the 486 and 677 have the same height with 15 mm lowered.
all the best
The following users liked this post:
campinas (04-25-2024)