C-Class (W206) 2021 to

What is the Recommended maximum duration for activating adaptive cruise control W206

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 11:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C200 2022
Question What is the Recommended maximum duration for activating adaptive cruise control W206

I'm preparing for a long-distance journey in my W206 Mercedes. While the roads may be open, I'm concerned about potential issues with extended activation of the adaptive cruise control. Are there any specific limitations or recommendations from Mercedes regarding the duration of adaptive cruise control activation for extended periods? I want to ensure both safety and the optimal performance of the system during my trip.
Old 05-11-2024, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,781 Likes on 2,528 Posts
2019 C63CS
Why would this be a concern? You can drive for hours with DISTRONIC. My longest trip so far was 12 hours through Europe. Not all of it with DISTRONIC activated, because much of the trip was through Germany so I was blasting down the Autobahn on the unrestricted sections. Although DISTRONIC works all the way up to 130 mph (210 kph), but that's still 50 mph short of my C63S' top speed. The only thing I'd say is make sure the car is broken in as driving at constant speed for long duration is not recommended during the break-in period. I didn't start using DISTROINC until I was well past the break in period. I actually took the scenic routes for the first 1000 miles and avoided highways altogether to ensure I'm constantly varying my speed. First trip was 6 hours from the factory in Germany to Switzerland all on B roads.

Last edited by superswiss; 05-11-2024 at 02:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Sam.Reda (05-11-2024)
Old 05-12-2024, 07:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 182 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by Sam.Reda
I'm preparing for a long-distance journey in my W206 Mercedes. While the roads may be open, I'm concerned about potential issues with extended activation of the adaptive cruise control. Are there any specific limitations or recommendations from Mercedes regarding the duration of adaptive cruise control activation for extended periods? I want to ensure both safety and the optimal performance of the system during my trip.
The maximum it should be used is 60 minutes past your “bladder full” warning light illuminating.
Old 05-12-2024, 07:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C200 2022
Question

Originally Posted by Mikey53
The maximum it should be used is 60 minutes past your “bladder full” warning light illuminating.
I'm uncertain if you're joking, but I'm genuinely serious about my question. My concern stems from various casesinvolving models other than Mercedes, where adaptive cruise control failed to respond and drivers couldn't halt the vehicle.
Here is one example

Old 05-12-2024, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,781 Likes on 2,528 Posts
2019 C63CS
That's got to be the most useless video I've ever seen. I thought it was a trailer for some police show and at the end I didn't know what I just watched. There's no info here whatsoever. I've never even heard of cases where adaptive cruise wouldn't disengage. There have been cases of unintended acceleration, but not in conjunction with adaptive cruise. Most recent one with the Tesla Cybertrack as the accelerator pedal can come loose and get stuck and all of them are currently being recalled. Not aware of any such incidents with Mercedes-Benz in recent history.
Old 05-12-2024, 11:40 PM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
C300
22k miles mostly driven with adaptive cruise control

I have a 22 model and I drive my car in the US for over 22k miles and I would say more than 80 percent has been with full driving aids engaged. Day and night rain and sunshine. Car has never miss behaved and actually got me out of trouble several time mostly for driver error (not necessarily mine). The only trouble I had was the system not been operational because of cameras glass being dirty. Followed another thread and got the internal windshield cleaned with rubbing alcohol and that solved my problem. I drove as long as 8 hours with the system engaged and had zero problems. I trust the system. Hope it helps
Old 05-13-2024, 04:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 674 Likes on 500 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
What does your Owner's manual say about this?

Just turn it on and go...

I mean before all this tech and Cruise control was some vacuum actuator that held throttle and controlled speed as best it could based on very old tech
no one ever worried then.

Look the brakes are more powerful then engine so you can always stomp on brakes to stop car at worse you fight the engine well then turn off engine.

IF you are worried about it then pay do not use it.... you either trust it or you don't... nothing anyone on here will make you feel any different.

Go drive with it... longer duration trips each time until you are comfortable with this new tech cruise control
The following users liked this post:
Sam.Reda (05-14-2024)