C300 2024 Bass Cutting Out/Clipping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2024, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 C300
C300 2024 Bass Cutting Out/Clipping

Hi all,

I’ll admit i’m not much of a car gal. My husband is an engineer and will help me but I need to give him a starting point… if you can help!

Recently downloaded a software update when I turned my car off about a week ago, it said it was for the entertainment system. Ever since then, the bass will cut out when we’re listening to music and then a second later it will come back. It almost seems like it cuts out at certain frequencies of bass (frequencies is the right term?). The music still plays but basically completely bassless and then comes back a second later.

Maybe it has nothing to do with the software update but a very weird coincidence it started happening after that was installed. It is a 2024 C300 that we just got a few months back. Is there anything we can check ourselves? The bass will work for a few seconds and then you can hear a clip and it will cut out for a second and then come back. My husband mentioned removing a fuse to reset the radio/audio system and found a fuse bank in the trunk, any idea what fuse to pull out? Is the amplifier or woofer or sub potentially damaged? Is there a connection we can check? Trying to avoid a trip to mercedes service…

Any help appreciated thank you very much!

PS first post and I apologize if i left anything out!